You Came Back

It had been a year since the apocalypse had first ended.

The reporters claim that it's over and the adults believe them, but I don't.

I had spent most of my time in the apocalypse with a man named Rick Grimes and his family and friends.

I met them about five years ago and I got along with all of them. Especially Rick's son and daughter, Carl and Judith.

Carl is now eighteen, the same age I am, but we first met when we were thirteen and Judy is six.

When the apocalypse was called out to be over, everyone went their separate ways.

I haven't seen anyone from the group since then, but I suspected they were all getting along better than I was.

I had a mediocre job at the local pet store and it was enough for me to rent a small apartment and buy food, so it was enough.

My family had died in the apocalypse, so I was going to be forever alone.

At one point in time, I thought I would have become a permanent part of the Grimes' family. Carl and I had been best friends at first and as the years went on, he became my boyfriend. Some more months came by and I thought the relationship would grow.

All hopes and dreams were shattered when Carl and I fought over something so stupid that I don't even remember why.

I sighed in my reminiscence and picked up my small purse to go out shopping. I didn't get my paycheck until yesterday and I had been living off of ramen noodles for the past three days.

I took the long way to the store and walked by a few walker hunters on the way.

Walker hunters have been around for the past year to catch and kill and little bit of the remaining walkers that were still going around. There weren't many, but everyone wanted to make sure that the quantity control was taken care of.

I walked into the store and picked up all the necessities so I didn't have to see another ramen noodle package for a while.

"Addie," A voice spoke.

I hadn't heard that nickname in a while.

"Addison King?"

There was no denying who it was. The only person that had ever called me Addie.

"Carl?" I asked, not daring to turn around and face my past.

I froze. I didn't know what to do. What is there to do when the previous love of your life comes up behind you after not seeing him for a year and not talking to him for over two.

A chill ran down my spine as he came behind me and stood there.

"Wow. Addison Josephine King. I haven't seen you in a while," his voice sounded.

I didn't say a word for fear that I would stutter.]

"I do remember myself being quite fond of you Addie. What happened to us?"

I tensed as his hand placed itself on my waist.

A tear came to my eye," I don't know."

He sighed, "I remember really loving you and wanting to have you in my life forever."

I took in a breath and held it in. I was afraid that if I let it go, Carl would go with it.

He his hand locked firmly on my shoulder and he turned me around.

He was just as handsome as he was before, maybe even a little bit more handsome.

His hair was now straight and his blue eyes sparkled in mischief.

"Oh Addie, "he said with another sigh," I hope I didn't feel that way and then you didn't feel that way back."

I shook my head," I loved you. I still do."

Carl smiled and pulled me into a hug, "Ever since the apocalypse ended, all I've done is thought about you. Whether you were happy, sad, dead. I needed to know."

Just feeling the familiar feeling of Carl touching me was enough to make me start bawling like a baby.

"Shh, baby," Carl murmured, "It's okay. I loved you, so I had to let you go."

I smiled through my tears, "And because I love you I came back."

He nodded, "That's right. Because you love me, you came back."

Okay, this one sucked, but that's because I need you guys to comment some ideas. ~Miki