A Dream Upon a Nightmare

I coughed into my elbow and winced in pain as the aching feeling passed through my entire body.

I was sick of feeling this way.

It's been a week already and I couldn't help but feel like I was on the brink of death.

I had so many symptoms of a specific type of cancer, but when I went to the doctor, they dismissed it as something so small like a virus.

I hated the feeling of not knowing.

This is why people tell you not to self diagnose. The internet will tell you that there are some terrible things wrong with you and then you're stuck trying to figure it out.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm going to die and other days I feel almost fine.

Honestly, my sickness confuses the hell out of me, making my head hurt even more.

I raised my trembling fingers to my head, trying to knead away the headache.

"I take it that you still feel like shit," my best friend Chandler said as he walked into the room.

I nodded, "How can you tell?"

He laughed, "You're right. You always look like shit."

I pulled a pillow from the other side of the bed and threw it at him, landing it directly in his face.

"I'm hurt," he said in faux pain, "She hit me."

"You're hysterical, really, but my head. Pipe down."

He smiled at me and walked into the room, allowing me to see that he brought a bag from the local supermarket.

"What is that?" I asked.

He smiled," I figured that since you refuse to leave your room, I would bring a movie and some snacks."

I smiled, "It's a nice thought Chan, but you know I have a headache and my appetite is gone."

He nodded," I know. That's why I will be eating the snacks and we will be reading captions."

He pulled out my laptop and put in the movie that he picked, placing it on my bed while he rummaged through his bag.

"Actually, I bought you some Nerds. I know they're your favorite. You can have them when you feel better."

I smiled, "You can leave them on my dresser."

He did just that and crawled onto my bed next to me, picking up my laptop and placing it on the small laptop table my mom got me for Christmas.

"You ready?" he asked.

I nodded and he hit the play button.

Chandler lay back on my pillows, making himself comfortable on my bed.

After a few minutes into the movie, he shuffled closer to me, careful not to move too much to the point that my laptop fell over, and snuggled closer to me. His arm lifted up and he draped it over my shoulders.

I brought my head closer to his chest and lay there, listening to the sound of his heart beating while the silent movie played.

Pretty soon, I felt his breathing become slower and I realized he was asleep.

A little bit later, I felt myself falling into a peaceful slumber.

---

"Chandler, Bex," I heard my mom squeal from the doorway.

I jumped up and felt a slight dizziness from the sudden motion.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry honey," she whispered, "You guys are so cute."

Chandler let out a small laugh and smiled at me, "No Ma'am. She is, I'm not." (Anyone guess where this came from...? hehehe *hint hint* book and movie)

I felt heat spread in my cheeks as I looked down at my bed.

"I got a picture," my mom continued,"Wanna see?"

"Moooom," I groaned.

"Okay okay," she laughed, "I'm sorry. I came up here because Chandler's mom called and said he wasn't picking up his phone."

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and frowned," I must not have heard it. I should probably go."

I smiled as he stood up, "See you tomorrow."

He leaned down and placed a small kiss on my cheek, "See ya tomorrow."

I blushed again and my mom let out a loud "woot woot" in her dorky manner.

"I ship it," she yelled,"Chex! It's a thing now. I can't wait to tell Gina."

Chandler laughed and waved to me before stepping out of the room, following my mom downstairs, leaving me extremely embarrassed and amazingly annoyed at my mom, but you wouldn't be able to tell because of the extremely huge grin on my face.

Awwwww, Chex, I totally pulled that one out of no where. hehehe Anyways, sorry about not updating all week. I don't remember if I told you guys, but I was sick last week (Just like Bex) and I didn't feel like doing anything. And then as I started to feel better, I had my interview and then I GOT THE JOB and then I wanted to update yesterday, but my Wi-Fi was being a huge pain in my ass, sooooo I UPDATED TODAY!!!! Yayyyy

but yeah

Thank you all for the reads and comments and votes and I encourage more comments because I love reading them. A lot of them make me laugh

Also, hmu on Snapchat at Mika_Hill, Kik at Mika_K_Hill, or Twitter at Mathlete2585 because I love y'all to pieces

Luv ya ~Miki