Who Would've Thought

I watched in admiration as the new kid walked down the hall with his hand holding his bag over his shoulder.

He had only come to the school two days ago and he was already named the bad boy out of the entire student body.

I had to admit, I kind of had a crush on him.

For years, I had been named the "most emo" girl in the school.

It hadn't bugged me that they called me that name, it was the fact that they had no idea what they were talking about.

Emo happened to be when a person has way to many emotions to handle themselves, while I, a person who practices the scene style, just like the dark clothing and choppy hair.

This was the first time that there was someone else I could relate to considering there were no other scenes in the school.

I loved the fact that he had the long choppy hair and he didn't need to dye it black to make it look rebellious.

Plus, he's super smart.

He's in my advanced English class and he could recite the whole Balcony Scene of Romeo and Juliet without a single pause.

To a major language nerd, this was like heaven on earth.

I walked into the aforementioned class and sat down at my desk, earning a few dirty looks from some of the kids already in there.

While the teacher was looking away, I flipped them off and turned to the drawing that I was working on.

It was the cover art for my favorite band's, Pierce the Veil's, newest album, Misadventures.

It was super complicated, but I think I was getting it so far

"Nice," I heard come from over my shoulder.

I turned and looked at the new kid, Chandler, standing over my shoulder and pushed my bangs out of my face.

"Uh," I started, "Thanks. You like PTV?"

He smiled and nodded, "They're my favorite band."

I returned the smiled, "Mine too. I'm super excited for their new album."

"Me too," he replied, "It's been four years since they released the last one and I've been waiting the whole time in suspense."

I laughed and motioned for him to sit beside me, which thankfully, he did.

"That's my seat," a girl with bleach blonde hair said from the other side of the room.

Chandler waved," I don't see a name here. Anyways, I wouldn't want you to catch the "emo" I leave on the seat."

I laughed as he put the air quotes up and turned back to me.

"So what are you?" he asked, "An artist or something?"

I shook my head, "No. I just like to draw."

He nodded and the bell rang for the class to start.

"Okay," Mrs. Murphy said from the front of the room, "Today we will be discussing the concept of stereotypes and the connection they have on the story. Every other row will be working with the person to their right and in twenty minutes, each group will present what they found."

I looked my right and smiled because that meant I was working with Chandler.

"Okay, Elizabeth," he said, shocking me with the fact that he knew my name,"What will we talk about?"

I smiled,"Uh, we could reference the stereotypes that Tybalt had against Romeo and compare it to the stereotypes of today."

He nodded," I like that idea."

After the twenty minutes passed, Murphy stood up and went to the front of the class again.

"Alright guys," she said with a smile, "Let's go. Elizabeth and... I'm sorry. I forgot your name for a second."

"Chandler," he said, standing to walk to the front of the room.

Murphy smiled and apologized, "Right. Sorry Chandler."

"It's all good," he replied, shuffling the little notes that he had written while I stood next to him.

"I bet they cut themselves," someone said from the back of the room.

"I saw her in the bathroom one day and she had a bloody razor around her neck." another said.

I raised an eyebrow at that one.

Sure, I wore a razor around my neck, but I had never used it to cut myself. It belonged to my best friend who had died due to self harm.

He left me the blade and hoped that I could keep it for him because, and I quote the letter that had been given to me, he "wasn't strong enough to do it himself while alive and damn sure couldn't do it when close to death."

The fact that people were making up rumors because of something I cared a lot about made my heart clench and my eyes water.

"The assignment was to talk about stereotypes," Chandler started, ignoring what they said,"Tybalt made the assumption that Romeo would do something to ruin the party and the entire Capulet name, but all that did was left him with nothing but death. In today's world, people are so consumed with stereotypes that they don't even realized that they should get to know someone before they make up bullshit stories that make no sense."

"Language," Murphy warned.

Chandler apologized before continuing, "For example, Elizabeth and I look different from you. So what? Just because we wear black and choose to wear our hair a certain way, doesn't mean we don't have feeling and you can say whatever you want."

Chandler peeked down his shirt and pulled out a razor connected to a string that was tied around his neck.

"I got this when my friend killed himself a couple years back. He wanted me to have it because I was one of the only few people that knew about his unhealthy addiction. Kellin was one of my favorite people on the planet, and he did this to himself and cursed the world with his absence."

My mouth fell open for a second and then closed again, letting Chandler finish his spiel. Kellin?

"My point about this is that Kellin looked like the normal person would. He wore the clothes that you wear, but he had a type of hairstyle like mine. You cant judge people on what they look like, only what they act like, as portrayed in Romeo and Juliet."

Chandler tapped my arm as an indication to tell me that we were done.

 As we sat down, Mrs. Murphy gave us a smile and thumbs up before calling on the next group, which allowed me to turn to Chandler and reach for the razor around my neck.

"You knew Kellin?" I asked.

He turned to me and nodded, "He was my best friend."

I smiled, "Mine too. He gave me a razor too."

He smiled at me, "Who would've thought?"

"It's like Kellin would have wanted us to meet."

"So it seems."

Topic: different style of dress

Bad ending. Really bad ending... BUT I liked the moral of the chapter and the length of it. Just to let you guys know, for the past week or so, I have been making an effort to update in the morning, but that will be ending because today is the last day of spring break for me and I have to go back to school tomorrow. Therefore, the updates will probably be at night. Luv ya ~Miki