Gates

"There's too many," I yelled to Maggie.

"Go inside," Rick yelled,"Carl. Artemis. Go inside. Lock the doors."

I looked at my boyfriend.

He was fighting off a walker while another started to come up behind him.

"Carl!" I exclaimed,"Duck."

Without question, my boyfriend pushed the walker he was fighting too the side and I released the knife in my hand, allowing it to sail through the air.

I smiled in satisfaction when the advancing walker crumpled to the ground.

"Thanks," Carl called,"Stabbing the other walker in the side of the head with a small dagger.

"Artemis!" Rick yelled again.

Sometimes I wonder if Rick knows us at all.

My brother, Daryl, called out for me to listen to Rick, but I ignored him too.

Rick and Daryl thought that Carl and I couldn't hold our own against the living dead, but they were wrong.

I pulled my gun from my belt and aimed it at the head or a walker getting closer to Glenn.

When the thing fell, I grabbed Carl's hand and pulled him closer to me.

"We have to close the gate," I said,"Your dad and my brother aren't going to let us so we've got to do it quick."

Carl nodded and shot an advancing walker.

We ran off towards the gate, listening to the moans of the walkers and the attempts to stop us from our family. 

"Artemis," Daryl yelled in fury,"What are you doing?"

Rick yelled for his son, but we just ignored the both of them.

"Art," Carl said, pulling his knife out of a creature,"We're going to have to close it from the outside. We can kill off most of them going into the gate if we go from the outside."

I nodded.

"You're going back in," Carl said.

"No," I exclaimed.

I couldn't believe Carl was actually going to pull this shit with me. He knows I'm not leaving him behind.

"Arty," he sighed,"Shooting them will be much easier if you're safely behind the gate."

"Then work on your aim because I'm not leaving."

The adults of our family started screaming at us, but we knew that this was the only chance we had.

Carl gave me a knowing look before we ran outside of the gate and pulled the metal beams behind us.

"Get back over here," Rick yelled, slightly preoccupied with the flesh eating creatures that were invading our home.

The two door of the gate closed slowly, crushed the few creatures that were stuck in the middle. 

Finally, the two clicked together and I ran over to my boyfriend.

"I love you," he said.

"Love you too."

Carl wiped the partially dried blood on his pants and I cocked my gun.

"Come at me."

Topic: in battle, side by side

This was a little crappy, but honestly, I had no inspiration for the topic. Plus, I was procrastinating and hanging out with my Nana. This is the chapter for yesterday because I promised a double update.
Luv ya~Miki