Our Future 2

This one is for kidphantomtheif   I know I said I wouldn't do a sequel to Our Future, but my sister convinced me to do it for those of who who needed closure and asked for a part two... so here y'all go

"Is he going to be okay?" you asked Carol as she wrapped the finishing bandages around your boyfriend's head.

"I'm pretty sure he will be," Carol responded, "The bullet missed the fatal arteries. The worse he might have is some memory loss and the use of his eye."

Even though that was better than death, you were extremely distressed and upset.

Memory loss?

All that sounded like to you was that there was a chance that he wouldn't remember you.

Suddenly, you felt like a completely horrible person.

There had been a moment within the house that everyone thought Carl was going to die. No one could see him surviving the gun shot.

Rick had almost lost his son, and you were sitting here feeling sorry because there was a slim chance that he might not remember you?

You should be fine with it because Carl was still breathing, right?

Maybe...

Carol started to clean up the supplies that were still laying around from her emergency surgery on Carl, and you thanked her, settling down in the chair that you hadn't left in the past five hours.

"You should get some sleep," Carol suggested, but you shook your head.

"No, I'll stay with Carl for now."

Carol muttered something under her breath and walked out of the room to where tou assumed would be her bed.

"Oh Carl," you whispered, "What am I going to do without you?"

You lay your head down on the mattress and smelled the sweet forest smell that you had learned to associate with Carl.

"I love you," you whispered as you nodded into a peaceful slumber.

~

"Hello... miss," you hear from the bed.

You groan and sit up to see the face of the beautiful blue eyed boy that you had fallen in love with so long ago.

"Hello?" he says in confusion.

Your heart sank as you realized that he was talking to you.

"Uh, yeah," you say awkwardly.

You couldn't believe this. This was worse than death for you.

You knew that you would have to be able to cope with the fact that you would see Carl everyday, but he would never remember who you were or what you had together.

He would never remember what he said to you in those mere moment before he was shot.

Carl raised one eyebrow in confusion and you gave a fake smile.

"Uh, yeah. My name is-"

Carl held up one hand and you stopped,"Your name is (y,n) and I think about how when all of this shit is over, I want to find you the biggest ring I can and propose to you in the most romantic way possible."

You felt the tears well in your eyes as you recalled that he said that to you in the last conversation you had.

He remembered.

"I love you," you whispered.

He smiled and pulled you into a hug," I told you. We'll live happily ever after and continue to have children and have the best family on the planet, and as we take our last breaths, it will be together and in the comfort of our own home, in our sleep. Peacefully."

That was ridiculously short, but it's better than the fact that I wasn't going to do anything more with this story line. I felt like we haven't had a happy ending in a while, so wala. Make sure you guys send in more requests. I'm running low.  ~Miki