New Apartment

I let out a small groan as I lifted the heavy box up the long flight of stairs.

"Do you need any help with that, Miss?"

I placed the box onto the step above me and turned to see an older man standing on the last landing.

"Oh, yes please," I replied.

He smiled at me and hobbled up the stairs to where I was standing.

"What's a little lady like you doing with all these heavy boxes?" the man asked, lifting one side of the box while I lifted the other.

"I'm moving into the empty apartment upstairs with my boyfriend."

"That's nice. I remember moving into this building when I was only eighteen with my soon to be wife, God rest her soul." the man said with a smile.

We hobbled up the rest of the steps before we finally made it to the landing where my new apartment was.

"Thank you," I said,"I'm sorry. I didn't catch your name."

"Victor," he replied with a soft smile.

"My name is Kalah," I said,"Would you like to come in? It's not much, but I could make some coffee or something."

He shook his head,"No thank you. I must get back to my apartment. The grandkids are over and their mother is sleeping."

I thanked him once more before he made his way back down the step and back to his apartment.

I let out a sigh as I pushed the heavy box into the apartment and closed the door.

It had been a few hours since Chandler had left to go get some groceries and I was slightly worried.

I pulled out my phone and called him.

"Hey baby," he replied,"What's up?"

"Where are you? I just brought the last box in with the help of one of the neighbors and I was worried."

"I'm fine. I'm almost home. I got a little sidetracked."

I raised an eyebrow,"What do you mean?"

"You'll see. I'll be home in a minute."

I sighed as he hung up and I was left in the silence of the empty space.

It was filled with a bunch of filled boxes of both Chandler and I's things.

I couldn't believe it when he found this place.

For years, I had dreamed of moving out of my parent's cramped house, filled with my lot of siblings and my dog, Sharpay, but I couldn't afford to do it on my own, and I couldn't find a roommate.

That was why I was so excited when my boyfriend, Chandler, asked me to move in with him.

I was excited until I realized that he was going to help me bring half of the boxes up the stairs and then get sidetracked at the supermarket.

I heard a knock on the door and figured it was Chandler.

Because we had just got the apartment, there was only one set of keys and Chandler insisted I use them to continue bringing the boxes in.

"It's me," he called.

I turned the locks on the door and was met with the smiling face of Chan.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I asked as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Promise not to scream?" he asked, smiling wider.

"Where are the groceries?" I questioned.

"I told you," he said,"I got sidetracked. Now are you ready to see the distraction?"

I frowned,"You know you're going to have to go out and get-"

Suddenly, he pulled out a little puppy from under his coat.

"A puppy!" I exclaimed.

"I know," he smiled,"She's cute, right?"

I nodded as he handed me the little baby darling.

"She's yours," he said.

I looked up from the squirming puppy into his baby blue eyes,"You got me a puppy?"

"I know that you were upset that you were leaving Pay, so I figured we could have a baby of our own."

I pulled him to me and placed a long kiss on his lips,"I love that. Thank you."

"So," he asked, pulling me closer to him by my waist,"What are you going to name her?"

"Hmmm, I think she looks like a Paris."

"Okay," he said, kissing me on the cheek,"Paris it is."

I think this one was short, but it was a dedication to my beautiful babies. My Paris and Sharpay.

 My Paris and Sharpay

This is Paris

This is Pay.

I'm sorry, they were just my inspiration because they literally were laying on me while I was writing, so

Plus, I need more requests.

Luv ya ~Miki