Homecoming

I sat at the table and hid behind my sweatshirt.

One of my best friends had just told my crush that I was too nervous to talk to him and now he's staring at me.

I leaned my head down and screamed into my shirt.

I lifted my head and spoke to my other friends, Melody, "Oh my gosh, why do I always act so stupid whenever I see his cute face?"

Melody pointed next to me and I turned to face him.

Chandler Riggs.

I screamed and all the heads in the cafeteria turned to look at me.

"Oh god," I muttered before grabbing my bag and walking out of the door. I walked to the gym just as the bell rang and I dreaded the next few minutes, fore I had gym with Chandler.

I changed and walked back into the gym, hoping that I didn't see him.

When did I ever have good luck?

As we were walking down the hill, he tapped on my shoulder.

"Hey, Tammy," he spoke.

"Hi, sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to yell in your face."

All the words tumbled out of my mouth, but I couldn't even look into his eyes. I kept my head down and stared at the grass.

"Don't worry about it. You have nothing to be sorry for."

~

After gym, I couldn't think clearly. I went through the rest of my classes and the weekend thinking about how embarrassing that moment in the cafeteria had to be.

I came back to school on Monday, dreading lunch and the torturing cafeteria, but of course, the day went by too quick and lunch came.

When I walked in, Chandler was in the lunch line and his book bag was at the table that he normally sits at.

I sighed in slight relief and sat down.

"Why don't you grow a pair and go sit next to him?" Kris asked me.

"Well, I don't know," I replied sardonically, "Maybe because I yelled in his face on Friday."

"He probably forgot by now," Kris responded.

I scoffed and melody came by to sit down.

"Go get you man, Tam," she said and I shook my head.

"Fine," she said, "CHANDLER!"

I squealed and put my head down as Melody motioned for him to come over.

As Chandler sat down, I lifted my head.

He waved at me and I put my head down.

"Uh, Tammy," he said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

When I looked up, all of my friends were sitting at the table that Chandler had just left.

"Hey, I don't want to scare you," he said.

I sat up completely and looked into his baby blues, "You don't scare me."

"Then why did you feel too shy to come and talk to me?" he asked.

I bit my lip, "Well, I never wanted to disturb you and your music."

He smiled, "You wouldn't have. How about I take you to homecoming and we could talk some more there?"

My jaw dropped. Never in a million years would I have thought that Chandler Riggs would ask me to homecoming.

"Tammy?" he questioned.

"Oh, uh yeah," I stuttered, "Sure. I'd love to."

He flipped his brown hair and smiled, "Cool. It's a date."

C'mon guys. I need requests. I've been running out of ideas!!! ~Miki