I Do

Chandler's POV
(Holy everything good and holy... CHANDLER'S POV)

I fixed my tie in anxiousness as I waited for the pianist to start playing.

My bride would be walking down the aisle any moment now and I was very excited and nervous.

We had been dating on and off for about three years before we finally got our act together and pulled off two whole years together nonstop.

Now, I was glad to make her legally and officially, my wife.

I turned to Steven Yeun, who I had chosen to be my best man.

"You'll be okay," he said, giving me an encouraging smile.

I nodded and turned to my parents and brother sitting in the front with their cameras ready.

My fiancé's parents were sitting close by to mine and they were too busy crying to even focus their phones.

Suddenly, the piano began to play and I faced the large doors in the church that Madelyn and I had chosen to be our wedding place.

The moment the doors opened, I knew that I had never, and would never, see something or someone as beautiful as my bride.

Her long, black hair was swept into a neat, graceful bun and her white dress sparkled in the sunlight shining through the windows.

When she walked down the isle, it looked like she was floating on air... In slow motion. 

It seemed like decades before Maddie finally made it to the end of the aisle.

"Dearly beloved," the preacher started.

I took my bride's small hands and ran my thumbs over their backs.

She looked at me and I couldn't have been any happier than I was right in this instant.

It felt like we were the only two in the room.

The years of dating. The months of fighting. Days spent not speaking. They all lead to this moment in time.

Pretty soon, Madelyn and I said our vows, both of us tearing up at the promises made to each other.

"I do," she said, smiling up at me.

"You may now kiss your bride."

I pushed the veil back and cupped her small chin in my hand.

"I love you," I said before placing a long, slow kiss on her lips. 

The church erupted in cheers and we pulled apart, clutching to each other's wastes and smiling at our now joined family.

***

"To Madelyn and Chandler!" Norman shouted as we passed by, hand in hand.

We were in the backyard of Madelyn's parents house and everyone was celebrating our matrimony.

It was pretty flattering to say that least.

Everyone was toasting to us and congratulating us.

It was amazing.

What was even more amazing about it was that I had the most beautiful, wonderful, and most intelligent woman right there at my side, sharing it all with me.

I heard the sound of metal on glass and I looked to see Steven preparing to make a toast.

Madelyn and I went back to our table and prepared to listen.

"I've known the groom since he was twelve and the bride since she was fifteen and Chandler first brought her to the set of The Walking Dead, hoping it would help his chances. Lord knows it didn't do shit."

We all let out a small chuckle and Madelyn rested her head on my shoulder.

"I couldn't think of anyone better for the both of them each other. They always pick fights. Make petty arguments. Say things they regret. Speaking of which, couldn't we say they were already married?"

Another round of chuckles ran through the yard.

"In all seriousness, I've seen both the Bride and Groom on bad days and good days, and I must say, they always look like they're having great days when with each other. I hope the both of you have a lovely, love filled marriage that blesses you with all the wonders of the world. To Madelyn and Chandler."

"To Madelyn and Chandler," everyone else chimed in.

Many more people made toasts for us. Some made us laugh. Others made us cry.

Some people think marriage is something that is so serious that you lose all love for each other and it becomes a job almost.

Even though I've only been married for a few hours, I know this isn't true.

"I love you, Maddie. I'm glad I'm spending the rest of my life in your arms and heart." 

She looked at me with tears welling in her eyes,"I love you too."

Topic: getting married

Ehhh... Not the best in the bunch, but I kinda liked it. Anyways, my babies, Pierce the Veil streamed another single from their new album, AND I LOVE EVERY LAST SECOND OF IT. If y'all get a chance, y'all should listen to it.
Also, this is a double update today because I fell asleep yesterday and I didn't update, SOOO. The chapter for yesterday is Book Worm, so if you missed it, y'all can check it out.
Thank you for all the love and support.
Luv ya~ Miki