Therapy

"Come on Bell. You'll be late for therapy."

I groaned in annoyance and plopped a beanie on my head, "I'm coming."

All my life, I had been verbally and physically abused by my asshole of a father.

All my life, until a year ago, when my English teacher had noticed the bruises on my arm and questioned it.

I smiled at the memory.

Nobody had ever taken the time of effort to notice that anything was wrong with me, and looking back, it was extremely obvious.

Anyways, my teacher called the police and after numerous months and trials, my father was sent away.

After he was gone, some of the things that he had said to me through the years entered my head. Statements concerning my lack of worth and wasting of space.

Let's just leave it at the fact that I wasn't proud of what I had done to numb the pain felt by the words he had said.

My mother had suggested therapy, even though I told her I was okay.

That was what I loved about my mother.

She was always so strong.

For years, my mother would endure the mental and physical pain that my father inflicted, but not once did she ever crack.

Returning back to reality, I ran down the stairs and out of the house, making sure to lock the front door behind me.

Once I was in the car, my mom took off to make sure that I didn't miss the group therapy session I did every week.

I had been going to personal therapy for a couple of months now, and not too long ago, my therapist suggested that I try group therapy with other kifs that had gone through the same thing I had.

Being in the group had allowed me the opportunity to meet so many people that ahd been abused as well and it made me feel better knowing that I could listen and make other people feel a little better while helping myself a little as well.

"Have fun," my mom called as I walked through the building of the community center where the therapy sessions took place.

When I walked through the door, I was greeted by the familiar faces of the people who I had grown to call my friends.

"Hey Bell," Cassie, the head therapist said,"We have a newcomer today. Want to come introduce yourself?"

I nodded.

Throughout the time I had been here, I became more and more comfortable with telling my story.

Cassie had always made sure that when a new person came into the group, the person she felt could handle introducing themselves with their story welcomed them.

"Where are they?" I asked, attempting to look over the heads of the other kids,

Cassie pointed over to the far side of the room to a boy huddled against the wall with a book in his lap.

I smiled and started to walk in his direction, noticing his apparel.

The boy was wearing dark skinny jeans and a blue, gray, and white flannel, completeing the outfit with a beanie and gray Toms.

"Uh, hey," I said as I approached him.

He looked up at me and smiled,"Hi."

It kind of shocked me that the boy had been so happy in his greeting. Normally, the kids here flinched at the slightest sound.

"I'm Chandler Riggs," he smiled, "What's your name?"

"Bellinda Ezperanza Manuela Fuentes," I said with a smile,"But everyone just calls me Bell."

He laughed,"Bell it is then."

I looked down at his book,"What're you reading?"

Chandler closed his book and gave me a look that I could only describe as the "Are you kidding me?" look.

"What?" I questioned, sitting on the floor across from him.

"Why are you asking me such ridiculous questions when we both know full well that you want to know what I'm doing here."

He didn't say it in an angry way, but I was still slightly embarrassed.

I had been wondering, but I didn't want to come right out and ask a complete stranger why he ended up in a therapy session for the sexually harassed and abused.

"It's okay," he said," I don't mind. It was going to come out anyways, right?"

I shook my head, "Not if you're not ready."

Chandler let out a laugh, but it seemed slightly haunted with a creepiness.

"The world doesn't wait until you're ready. I learned that the hard way."

My heart instantly broke for the boy. He had been sexually harassed and he was pretending like it didn't phase him, but I could see the sadness lacing his words.

"Can I give you a hug?" I asked.

He looked a little shocked at what I had asked him even though it seemed completely normal to me.

I had a lot of friends here and even gone through it myself, that time where you flinch at something so small, like a hug. I had learned that it's better to ask before you act.

"Uh, sure," he said.

Normally, I would have done it slowly, but something about Chandler made me grab him and squeeze tightly.

"You don't have to hurt anymore," I said, tearing up slightly,"If you don't let everyone here help you, at least let me. I want to be there for you. Please let me."

Chandler's body spazzed and I figured he was crying,"Thank you."

I think this was a cute little fluffy chapter. I wrote it while watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and reading Strings by @lifescaresme , so please excuse any oddness. I was inspired by the previously mentioned story because honestly, I binge read it for two days. Anyways, I'm really happy about all the views and votes and love I get from all of you. It truly does mean a lot.

I'm not making any promises, but I think I may write a Chan Fic because I'm super excited that my report card passed my parents inspection and I'm free 🤓🤓🤓

And lastly...
KELLIN FUCKING QUINN RETWEETED ME!!!!

...I'm sorry for the outburst.

*Requests are still open
Luv ya ~Miki