Unconditionally

Most people looked at me and laughed because, well, let's say I made a decision that defined me as forever different.

About three years ago, I decided that I was done talking.

Talking just caused too many problems.

You slipped up or stuttered and you were laughing stock of the whole school. You were bullied and tortured physically and verbally.

I had had enough and learned basic American Sign Language to get me started until I could function enough.

There were only a few teachers in school that could speak it as well, so my whole schedule was changed to revolve around their schedules.

I didn't really mind considering I had met my best friend turned boyfriend there.

Chandler.

When the school changed my schedule, I was switched into private classes with the only two teachers that could sign, Alden Sutherland and Gina Riggs.

They agreed to stay after school even though I technically didn't need it. I could understand them perfectly fine, but it was the other way that was posing as a problem.

Anyways, I did my classes with Mrs. Riggs and there, I met her son, Chandler.

We hit it off immediately.

It was amazing talking to people that could actually understand me speaking in the language that I had chosen to use.

They didn't judge me or try to make me speak against my will.

They just accepted it and helped me through high school without getting too down on the amount of teasing I still went through.

Since they couldn't judge my stutter, they started to tease about the fact that I wasn't talking at all.

Those were the days that I would come to the private sessions with my head held low and no inspiration to sign at all.

Those were the days when Chandler would be silly and attempt to cheer me up.

Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't.

It was the thought that counted.

When Chandler asked me to be his girlfriend, I was extremely surprised.

I couldn't believe that this amazing person wanted a romantic relationship with the weirdo that wasn't confident enough to speak, but he did.

The rest of high school went by just like that.

Days of being down because of teasing. Nights of dates with my teacher's son.

It was all I could ask for and more.

That was what brought me to this moment in time.

I smoothed my white dress down as I tried to control my breathing in the mirror.

You can do this, I thought.

I was going to marry him.

Sure, I was nervous now, but I knew that as soon as I walked down that aisle and looked into his ocean blue eyes, all nervousness would be gone.

Just as my thought finished, my dad knocked on the door, signaling it was time for me to walk.

I took a deep breath and opened the door to see the tear stained face of my father.

"You ready?"

I nodded and linked my arm with his.

As we walked through the doorway and down the aisle in time with the music, I smiled at my groom.

As my father placed my hand in Chandler's, I couldn't help but smile.

I had come so far to get to this point where I was marrying the one that I loved more than anything in the world.

"I love you, Lissa," Chandler whispered to me through the pastor's spiel.

"I love you too," I replied back, loving how I didn't have to worry about messing up anymore because Chandler would love me unconditionally," I love you too."

EWWWWW I am so sorry. This imagine was a little bad in my head, but this is what it is for the moment. I also apologize for the long wait for a chapter. I was really sick all week, but don't worry, I only died slightly. I'm still here and I feel a lot better now :)

Aaaaaaannnnnd I have an interview tomorrow, so please wish me luck.

Luv ya ~Miki