You Never Know 2.0

I awoke to the sound of the crying.

This is the way its been since my daughter, Carla, was born. All she did was eat and sleep and go to the bathroom then repeat the process all over again.

It was extremely hard being a single mother, but I couldn't even think about opening myself up to finding another boyfriend.

I loved Chandler and the way he just found it in himself to leave me broke my heart.

I even named Carla after his middle name.

Groaning, I stepped out of my bed and stumbled over to my daughter's crib.

"Hey, baby girl," I cooed, "How ya doing there?"

As I rocked her, she slowly started to close her sparkling blue eyes.

I loved looking at her eyes. They reminded me so much of her father that sometimes, it hurt. Looking at this baby made me see all the mistakes I made and how I wished I could fix them, but the one thing

As soon as Carla fell asleep, I set her back into the crib and walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast.

When I opened the fridge, I noticed that I had run out of milk.

Sighing, I trudged back into my room so I could take a quick shower and get ready to go shopping. 

I always left the door open just in case Carla decided to start crying while I was taking my shower. Luckily, today she didn't.

After my shower, I walked out of the bathroom and picked up my daughter to dress her.

Eventually, we made it to the grocery store and had a cart full of groceries. By the time we made it to the check out station, the line was extremely long and I knew I would be waiting for a long time.

I groaned in annoyance when suddenly, I heard something come from behind me.

"(y/n)?"

I turned around to see someone I hadn't thought I would see again.

"Chandler?" I whispered.

He smiled and pulled me into a hug,"Hey, how are you?"

I awkwardly patted his back as we embraced. I missed him so much and seeing him again brought up too many memories to even describe.

"Uh, I'm good," I replied as I pulled back, "How about you?"

When I looked at his face again, he was expressing a look of sadness.

"What's wrong?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"Is that your baby?" he asked.

I looked back at the babbling baby that was asleep in the car seat connected to the cart.

I scratched my head awkwardly,"Uh yeah. Her name is Carla."

Chandler gave me a sheepish smile, "So, you found another boyfriend?"

I shook my head,"Nope. I've been single since the day you left me."

He raised an eyebrow, "So, Carla's the baby of that guy that you.... you know.. che-"

I cut him off as he started to talk about his suspicions that caused him to leave me.

"I never cheated on you Chan."

He looked at me and then at Carla and then back at me, "So, who's baby is that?"

I looked down at the floor and shuffled my feet. Even after all of these months, almost a year, I still couldn't tell Chandler that Carla was his baby. I just couldn't.

We had already made too many mistakes with out relationship and I didn't want Chandler to have to stop his education, or job, or whatever the hell he was doing now so he could take care of the baby.

I had gone through nine months of hell thinking about how I was going to have my baby alone, but I had gotten through it.

If I could have the baby on my own, I could raise her on my own and Chandler wouldn't have to be bothered.

"Then," Chandler started slowly, "Then you're trying to say that you never cheated on me and you're not with anyone now? Nor have you been with anyone since we broke up?"

I nodded, still not picking my eyes up from the ground.

"So Carla is mine?"

I nodded once more.

It seemed like the whole store went quiet at that moment.

Chandler walked over to my cart and gently touched the side of Carla's face. She awoke and it seemed like the whole atmosphere of the store dropped in temperature when both of their icy blue eyes met.

"I'm her father?" Chandler whispered, then looked at me, "How old is she?"

I looked at him and then my daughter, "Three months..."

I could fell that he was thinking and doing the math.

"So when you left that morning-" he started.

"I went to the doctor to get her checked out," I finished.

We stared at each other for what seemed like  a long time.

Then he leaned in and kissed me.

He kissed me and everything felt like it would be okay. That everything would be alright.

That was why I had no idea why I started crying.

"Baby," Chandler said,"I'm so sorry. I should have listened to you. I was a complete asshole to leave you like that. I'm such a horrible person."

I shook my head, "I missed you. I should have told you about me being preg-"

Chandler shook his head, "Can we not talk about the past? Can we not talk about how I was a jerk and what we should have done and everything that happened? Can we talk about us hopefully getting back together and raising Carla like the beautiful princess she is because she has you as a mother?"

The tears fell from my eyes even faster, but you couldn't mistake the smile on my face.

"Of course."

That was five years ago.

Five years since Chandler came back to me and Carla.

Four years since Chandler proposed to me and I said yes.

Three years since the wedding.

Two years since Chandler got into a fatal car accident that left him in the hospital for ten months.

One years since I said my final goodbye at his funeral.

Sometimes, life will give you all hell.

Just ask me and Carla.

You never know what life will throw your way.

Sometimes,  it's nice and sometimes, it's not.

You never know.

OMG... I am so sorry for that one. It turned morbid in like... three seconds. A lot of you wanted me to do a sequel and I kind of like how this turned out, so thank you. Also, thank you guys for requesting. Requesting is still open. Luv ya~Miki

BTW... Notice that the title rhymes... total accident... lol