Best Friend Part 1

I frowned in disgust as I walked into the living room and saw my best friend, Dana, kissing her boyfriend, Carl.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Dana and she was like a sister me, but I couldn't stand Carl.

Ever since we came along the boy and his group in the woods, he gave me a hard time. Always finding a way to pick a fight with me and making fun  of me.

Dana moved slightly and adjusted herself so she was sitting on Carl's lap.

"Why don't you guys get a room?" I asked, just as Beth walked through the door.

"Ugh," she said,"Y'all are gross."

I nodded and walked with the blonde back to her room that she shared with Maggie.

"Hey Mags," I said to the brunette.

She sat on her bed, polishing her gun,"Hey Dan."

Normally, I would spend my days with Dana and then we would all come back to the room at night ad have girl time, but Dana was spending time with Carl.

Dani and Dana. Friends since before the apocalypse and sometimes I think that Carl is stepping in the way of that.

I spent the next few hours laughing and joking with the Greene sisters and then my stomach growled.

"Do either of you know is Carol made anything for us to have for dinner?" I asked.

Both girls shrugged and  groaned, "Does that mean I have to actually get up and check?"

"Stop being lazy," Maggie said, tossing at pillow at me playfully.

I walked out into the living room again and was shocked to see Dana sitting on the couch, sobbing into a pillow.

"Oh my gosh," I said frantically, "What happened? Is somebody hurt?"

She shook her head and a fresh wave of tears appeared, "That ass broke up with me."

She buried her head in the pillow and let her tears fall while I racked my brain for a possible reason Carl would break up with her. I mean, they were just making out two house ago.

This last thought made me extremely mad, He broke up with her after they had been making out.

That asshole.

I rubbed Dana's shoulder and told her that everything would be alright as she continued to sob.

Eventually, Maggie and Beth walked into the room and saw our crying friend and I.

They sat down on the other side of Dana and insisted on knowing the whole story, which just made her cry harder.

I stood up suddenly and stormed into the hall to Carl's room.

"What's the big idea?" I asked in blind fury.

Carl put his book down and sat up in his bed, "What are you talking about?"

"You know damn right what I'm talking about," I replied, "Why the hell did you lead Dana on? You obviously didn't like her all that much, so why did  you ask her out?"

Carl's face flushed and he stood up, getting really close to my face, "For your information, I broke up with her because I didn't want to string her along. Anyways, why do you even care?"

I ground my teeth together and pointed an accusing finger at him, "You hurt Dana and now she's in the living room and she wont tell anyone why. It was probably because of you and your shitty lies-"

Carl took one step closer and took my wrist, "Don't ever accuse me of lying because I always told her the truth. That's probably the reason why she's crying right now."

I put my hands on my hips, "And what truth would that be?"

Carl took one step closer to me and whispered in my ear, "That I'm madly in love with her best friend, Danielle Melina Conte."

OMG ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I WROTE A CHAPTER TO THIS STORY!!!! Sorry, it has been tough with school, my not so boyfriend boyfriend, and some personal issue after school....  but I must say, the reads sky rocketed and I love that, so THANK YOU!!!!! ~Miki