Okay

I frowned in discontent and glared across the table to the brunette boy with the sea blue eyes.

"Well, maybe if you didn't always have a stick up your-"

"Chandler Riggs!" his mother yelled from the end,"I will not have that language at the dinner table!"

I heard a small snicker come from next to me as Gina continued to eat her supper.

"I just don't get why you can't sit with me at lunch just one time. You don't have to sit there all the time, but I wanted to talk to you today," I responded to my fuming boyfriend.

He sighed,"y/n, I don't understand why you're so mad. I didn't sit with you and your little, stuck up friends. What's wrong with that?"

I dropped my fork and glared at him, "Stuck up?"

He nodded and pushed back from the table,"Stuck up, y/n. They walk with their noses in the air and prance like they're the most important people in the entire school when they're no better than the rest of us."

He turned on his foot and stormed out of the dining room and up the stairs until the remaining in the kitchen heard the loud thud of his door slamming.

"I'm sorry, y/n. You know Chan isn't always like that," Gina apologized.

"You don't have to apologize for him. I know how he is and I know that he doesn't mean half of the things he says out of his mouth."

"You two have been fighting a lot lately," Chandler's younger brother, Greyson, stated, pushing his vegetables around his plate.

I shook my head,"I wouldn't say it's been a lo-"

Greyson raised an eyebrow at me, "The drive to school?"

I shook my head, "A small disagreement on who was driving."

"In the hallway?"

"A spat."

"The other argument in the hallway?"

"Chandler left our lock unlocked. I was simply asking him to make sure it was locked when he finished at the locker."

Greyson chuckled, "Do all of your questions come out as yells?"

I sighed.

"Hey y/n?"

I turned to look at my boyfriend's brother.

"That was all today."

I let out another and set my fork on the plate.

"Thank you for having me, Gina. Dinner was excellent. May I be excused?"

She nodded and gave me a small smile of encouragement, "All couples fight sweetie. Don't worry. Chandler will come around."

I returned her smile and started for the room that held my boyfriend of two years.

We weren't always like this. When Chandler and I first started dating, we hardly fought at all. We barely even had disagreements.

Now, Chandler and I were ending our junior year in high school and prom was coming. Ever since he asked me, we've gotten into a whole bunch of tiny arguments. The thing was, they always turned into something completely different from what we started with. For example, the argument at dinner. How did we go from talking about transportation to the event to my friends being snobs?

I tapped on the door lightly and entered before waiting for a response.

"Hey babe," I said, peeking into the room.

No response.

I pushed the door open even further and saw Chandler laying on his bed with his eyes closed and his headphones in.

I walked over to his bed and tapped him lightly.

Chandler opened his eyes and sat up a little straighter, pulling out one of the earbuds, "What's up?"

I tucked my hair behind one of my ears and sighed.

"Hey babe," he whispered, inching his hand on top of mine, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said any of that at the table. It was wrong of me."

"It was mean," I said.

He sighed and guided me over to him so my back was on his chest and his arms were wrapped around me," I know, and I didn't mean any of it. I was just frustrated and I literally just spit out random word vomit."

I nodded, "It's okay. I believe you."

"What happened to us?" Chandler asked, "Why are we being so petty?"

I shrugged," I think it's the stress of prom."

I turned around to look at my boyfriend and smiled,"I love you."

"I love you too, y/n."

I kissed him lightly and turned back into my original position, breathing in the familiar scent of lavender. We'd be okay.

...

I haven't written anything in so long so please don't judge me too harshly. Y'all are so amazing and I love each and every one of you.

This one was for @twdchandlergrimes Thank you for the request. I hope you liked it.