Forever and Always

"What if we don't make it?"

It had been two days since Daryl had to end Patrick's life and everyone was on edge about getting the flu.

Hershel had even gone the extra mile , putting the sick in quarantine and ordering everyone to stay away from each other.

Even through all of Hershel's hard work, people were still getting sick, and I was one of unlucky.

I found myself lying on my side, facing my boyfriend, Carl, in the quarantine block of the prison, hands latched together.

"What if we don't make it?" I forced out, my voice fading.

Carl coughed and I squeezed his hand tighter.

"We will Ariella," he said, his thumb lightly rubbing the back of my hand, "We will."

I wanted to believe him.

I really did.

The only problem was that any time I thought that we would be okay, I thought of our friend Patrick, and my heart sunk.

What if Carl died?

I wouldn't be able to live.

I know that sounds overly dramatic, but I know I love him.

We've been together since elementary school, when people said we wouldn't make it. That it was only child's play.

"I feel terrible," I muttered under my breath, nuzzling the side of my face into the slightly dirtied sheets on the hard prison cot.

Carl dropped my hand and my heart broke at the sight of his sickly complexion and shaking fingers.

He slowly got off his cot and hobbled over to mine.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He flashed me a weak smile and sat at the edge of my thin mattress, "I'm going to comfort my girlfriend while she's sick."

I smiled and moved over enough for him to lay beside me. Due to the size of the mattress, I ended up with my legs intertwined with his and my head resting against his beating chest. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like his heart was beating slower than it should have.

I nuzzled my face into his chest and smelt the familiar forest that I always got when he was around.

I coughed a violent fit and let out a moan of agony. My chest tightened and I felt that I didn't have much longer left.

"I love you," I said, letting a couple of tears spill from my eyes.

"Don't do that," Carl scolded.

I let out another cough, "Do what?"

"That," Carl snapped, "You're saying goodbye and this isn't goodbye."

I felt Carl shift beneath me and I looked up to see him staring back at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey," he whispered, wiping the tears from my eyes, "Please don't cry. Go to sleep. We can talk in the morning."

I nodded and planted a small kiss on his lips," I love you."

"I love you too."

***

"Ariella was my best friend," I said with tears flowing from my eyes,"And Carl was like the little brother I always wanted."

I let out a small chuckle, which was quickly turned into heavy sobs.

"Come here, Beth," my sister said, holding her arms out.

I shook my head, determined to continue speaking.

"I've got this," I continued, "I'm super pissed that such a horrible thing happened and took both of them from us, but I must say, their love for each other was something that I will always remember, so it'll be like their still here."

I picked up the picture that I had begged Rick for and smiled.

It was a picture of Carl and Ariella a few years ago on their first day of high school. Carl was standing behind Ariella with his head resting on her shoulder and his arms wrapped around her waist, the both of them smiling brightly.

"This is how I want to remember them. Together. It was amazing what they had. Even in their last moments, they went peacefully and in each other's arms."

I looked at the photo once more before placing it on the mound of dirt where Daryl and Rick had buried them.

"We love you, forever and always."

You guys are the bomb dot com. The response to the last chapter was amazing and I love that ♥♥♥ I don't know what I think about this one. I kind of like it...

Anywho, what do you guys think?

This chapter was inspired by anahiirojass  Thank you

I really need to catch up with The Walking Dead, so I'll work on that soon.

PLUS, SOME SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!!!

I have another account mikihillson and I have a few Carl stories, one of them being named Forever and Always. Check it out if you want something new to read.

Plus, I know some of you are Pierce the Veil fans and I wanted to know what you thought about the new Circles video.

Lastly, I would love to talk to you guys so hit me up on Twitter at Mathlete2585 or Snapchat at Mika_Hill or on Kik at Mika_K_Hill

Luv ya ~Miki