I Found You

"Come on Grace," Beth yelled over the gun fire, "We have to go."

"Not without Carl," I yelled back, attempting to run back towards the walker infested area.

Beth grabbed ahold of my arm and pulled me back, "No. This is one thing you're going to have to leave him behind in."

I looked once more at the place we had called a temporary sanctuary and the echoing gun fire coming from it. From where Beth and I were standing, you could also make out undead beings wandering around and slaughtering the living.

"What if he's dead?" I muttered under my breath, tears filling my eyes.

"Then you're making his sacrifice for nothing."

I nodded,"You're right. Let's go."

 /-/

"Are you going to look for food?" Beth asked me as I passed her to walk to the front door.

I nodded,"Yeah, and I'm going to see if I can find any of the other people from the group."

Beth sighed, "Grace, I know it's hard being away from them and I know you love Carl, but you're straining yourself with all the back and forth. You hardly sleep at night and you get up at the break of dawn to go looking. Just rest for today, okay?"

I shook my head, "I can't do that. If they're out there, I want to find them."

It had been a couple of days since we were run out of the prison, and Beth was right. I spent every hour of daylight looking for them and every hour of the night making a plan for the next day.

I loved them all so much and I'd be damned if anything happened to any of them out there.

Especially Carl.

He was my first boyfriend and one true love.

Some called it crazy, but we didn't mind.

I couldn't stand not being near him, or at least knowing he was okay.

 Pushing through all the green and brown of the trees, I made my way to a neighborhood not too far from the prison.

I had come across it yesterday, but the sun had begun to go down and I wouldn't have been able to search in the dark.

As I made my way down the road, I heard yelling.

A small spark of hope shot through me as I realized, walkers cant talk.

I remember the thoughts shooting through my mind.

Maybe it's more of the group!

Maybe it's Carl!

I stopped and allowed myself to listen to every sound being made, hoping on everything that I could find where the voice was coming from.

"He knew where we were and you didn't care. You just sat around and waited for-"

I turned around to see a white house with blach shutters.

That was where the voice was coming from, and if I wasn't mistaken, that voice belonged to my boyfriend.

"Carl!" I yelled, apparently not caring if there were walkers around that would hear the ruckus, "Carl, is that you?"

I ran up to the house and began to violently bang on the door.

"Grace?"

In that moment, I could feel my entire chest swarm with butterflies.

It had been a long time since I heard his voice, and it sounded even sweeter because he was alright.

"Yes! Yes, it's me. Open the door."

I heard loud bangs and a lot of shuffling before the door opened to reveal a very tired and dirty Carl.

After the moment of hesitation, I leaped into his arms, allowing him to lift me up and leave a trail of kisses from my cheek down to my collarbone.

"Oh my gosh," he whispered between kisses," I missed you so much Grace. Are you alright? Is anyone else with you? Did-"

"Calm down," I said kissing his forehead as I slid against him, back down to the floor. (Did anyone else laugh? Oh, just me... nevermind...)

"I escaped the prison with Beth, but that was all. I don't know what happened to the prison, but I'm really glad I found you."

He kissed me and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I missed you," he said, soothingly.

"I found you."

What just happened???? I just fell off at the end....

It may have been because I was laughing at that one line...

Anywho, this one is for fanficstwd ♥♥♥ Luv ya Grace

ITS THAT TIME AGAIN

I kind of want a new cover for the story, so if anyone wants to make me one, hit me up on Kik at Mika_K_Hill, Twitter at Mathlete2585, or Snapchat at Mika_Hill

My only request is that the title be on there somewhere.

ALSO Can we give it up for my parents? August 2nd will be their 20th anniversary.... (Theyre old af) jkjk love them, but seriously, Ttat's a long time to be married to someone *inserts applause here*

Luv ya ~Miki