Our Future

"You can't go by yourself," Carl called.

You turned around and smiled, "Then come with me."

He turned around slightly to look and see if anyone was watching, "I can't. You know that my dad wants me to stay here and watch over the camp."

You scoffed at his ridiculous statement, "Since when has that ever stopped you?"

He shrugged and laughed, "You're right."

Rick and Daryl had gone out about ten minutes ago to get some supplies for the camp while Carol and the very pregnant Maggie were in the living room with an anxious Glenn.

Nobody was watching you, so you figured that now would be the best time to go out and get baby supplies for Judith and Maggie's unborn child.

As you walked through the woods and made it to the edge of the deserted town, Carl took your hand.

You two had been dating for a few years, considering that you first met when the walkers took over the world. Who would have thought that the evil creatures would actually do something good in the world?

The two of you walked into what used to be a department store and stepped over the rubble on the deserted floor.

"Hey, (y/n)," Carl said, clutching your hand a little tighter as he pulled you over a large chunk of concrete.

"Hmm?"

"Do you ever wonder about the future?"

You thought about it for a moment and looked at your boyfriend, shaking your head, "No. I guess I haven't."

You were the type of person that liked to live in the moment.

Survive today. Live now. Worry about the future later.

That was the way your mind worked ever since the first walker you encountered bit your entire family, leaving you completely and utterly alone.

"I do," Carl said,"I think about how when all of this shit is over, I want to find you the biggest ring I can and propose to you in the most romantic way possible."

You blushed at his statement and turned your bloodred face to the floor.

You caught sight of a torn package of diapers and smiled at your luck.

"Look Carl," you whispered in  excitement, "Diapers."

Carl gave you a look of disappointment as you picked up the baby necessity.

"You're not going to say anything about what I just said to you?"

You looked into his beautiful blue eyes and shrugged, "I'm flattered, Carl, but I think it's a little silly to keep thinking of the future when we're not even sure about what's going to be happening in five minutes."

He took your hand into his own, "That's the great thing though. Because we have no idea what will happen, we can pretend that nothing is happening now."

You smiled and gave him a small smile,"So what's going to happen?"

Carl smirked, "I'm going to find that ring and then the ring will end up with us at the alter and we'll both cry because that day will be so beautiful because it will be only about us and our love for one another. Our honeymoon will be gorgeous and everything that we ever dreamed because we'll be together without anyone to tell us what we can and can't do."

You squeezed his hand a little tighter, "And no walkers and fearing for our lives."

He nodded, "Then, a couple of months later, you'll find that your pregnant and the nine months will fly by like that."

Carl snapped for emphasis and you giggled, "It wont be like that because I'll give you hell with my hormones."

Your boyfriend kissed you and smiled, "But I won't mind because I love you so much. You'll have our baby and we'll marvel at how much they look like us."

"And they will have the most gorgeous blue eyes to match their father's," you say.

"And then we'll live happily ever after and continue to have children and have the best family on the planet, and as we take our last breaths, it will be together and in the comfort of our own home, in our sleep. Peacefully."

You marveled at the fact that he couldn't have come up with all of this in the few minutes that you had been standing there.

He had been thinking of your future for so long.

You couldn't wait to experience all of it.

As you finished the thought, you turned around to see a boy standing behind the first aisle of the store and he was pointing a gun at your boyfriend.

Before you got a chance to warn Carl, the boy fired and the bullet flew through the air.

A moment passed and Carl turned to you and you gasped in shock.

He had been shot in the eye.

"(y,n)?" he said, and then tumbled to the ground.

I am so sorry. I needed to laugh because I found that episode too funny. Anyway, to keep the hilarity of it, I'm not going to make a sequel to this chapter. I figured it would leave it out there to your imagination.

Y'all can follow me on Snapchat at Mika_Hill. I would love that.

Also, I have a younow, and I would love if you guys fanned me. I figured I could do chats with you guys and y'all could give me ideas and we could expand on them better than typing can. My username is at     Mathlete2585

Lastly, I thank all of you for the fact that we're at 1.3k. I was ecstatic. Comment and vote cause y'all are the best human beings on the planet and I love to talk with y'all.

Luv ya~ Miki