Excuses

"Carl!" I whispered, hiding behind the wall and attempting to avoid the people that had snuck up on us during our run.

I turned around and saw a whole mosh pit of walkers making their way towards the area.

I knew that I needed to get out of there quick. There was no possible way for me to fight through all of the undead creatures by myself.

If I get lost, he had said, I want you to make your way back to Alexandria by yourself. Leave me.

I hadn't thought of it again since because I just knew that he would make it back.

I couldn't leave him, but his death would be in vain if I didn't.

"I love you," I whispered, tears brimming my eyes and threatening to spill.

My heart was pounding and I was blinded by the tears. I just hoped that I wouldn't fall and be eaten.

Eventually, I made my way back to the gates and climbed over.

I didn't know how I would explain this to Rick considering he didn't even know that Carl and I snuck out of the town. He probably thought we were out at Enid's house or something.

I placed my gun in it's holster and wiped the tears off of my face.

Stepping lightly, I climbed the tower and over the wall, dropping in the woods just outside of the lines of houses.

"Hey, Elena," Maggie said as I stepped out of the trees and into the area just below the watch tower.

I waved,"Hey Maggie. Um, do you know where Rick is?"

She nodded,"He's at home. Where's your boyfriends? Rick went to Enid's and he wasn't there."

The tears reappeared and I started to sob, right there on the street.

"E!" She exclaimed, slowly climbing down the tower due to the fact that her swollen belly was as large as it seemed it possibly could be,"What's the matter?"

I shook my head.

I didn't want to say it. I couldn't say it .

Saying it would mean coming to terms with the fact that he was gone and never coming back.

I couldn't do that.

"What's wrong?" she asked, not taking my head shake for an answer.

"El," I heard from behind me.

I lifted my head and turned around to see Carl standing there, looking as dirty as ever.

I felt my heart jump out of my chest when it told me that my eyes were deceiving me.

All thoughts were put to rest, however, when Maggie sighed.

"Where have the two of you been? Your father has been looking all ober for you."

I cried out in  excitement and ran towards him until he caught me in his arms.

I rammed my lips into his and grabbed at his clothing.

"I can't... believe... you..." I said between kisses, clutching at his loose flannel,"You're alive."

He moaned in agreement,"Did you think you would lose me that easily?"

He held me closer and pressed his lips even further into mine, lightly licking my bottom lip, asking for permission without any words at all.

I opened my mouth and let his tongue explore without any barriers in his way.

As he pulled back, I nipped at his bottom lips and dove in for another go.

He slipped his hands under my shirt and I moaned against his lips.

"Okay," Maggie said, putting a hand on each of our shoulders and pulling us apart,"Carl, go find your father and tell him whatever lie you have for sneaking out."

I laughed at Maggie and smiled at my boyfriend,"Yeah."

He kissed me once more before walking away and as he stepped away, I realized I still had to explain this whole thing to my parents too.

Damn.

Topic: Making out

I laughed the whole time writing this. I am utterly amazed at the fact that for the past three days, there have been an additional 100 reads. THANK YOU AND HAPPY EASTER.