The Fault Between Our Rooms

I pushed Ron back and grumbled in annoyance, "Leave me the hell alone."

"Goddammit, Blake," he huffed as he grabbed his book bag off my bed and walked towards the door," I don't understand why you won't have sex with me. We've been dating for eight months."

"It's because that's all you want from me. For the last three months, you've mentioned sex each time we would get together. I don't want our whole relationship surrounding sex!"

Ron rolled his eyes and walked out of the room, letting out a small mutter,"Bitch."

I turned around quickly and grabbed my lamp off the nightstand.

"Asshole," I screamed as I threw light fixture at the door that closed just as the two made contact,"UGH!"

Turning back around, I plopped on my bed, throwing a pillow over my face and screaming into it.

"Trouble in paradise?" I heard come from my balcony door.

I let out a small laugh before turning around to see Chandler Riggs, my neighbor and friend, standing on it.

When the man who built my balcony measured the distance between my house and Chandler's, he messed up slightly, causing the gap between Chandler's window and my balcony to be small enough to walk into each other's house.

At first, I was slightly annoyed, choosing to believe in boy cooties, so I kept the door shut, but once I made it to high school, I had matured enough to befriend the boy next door.

We used the mistake to come over to each other's houses when walking out the front door was too much effort.

"How much of that did you see?" I asked.

He laughed,"The whole thing. If you ask me, I'm glad that you didn't sleep with him. I would have had to close my window and it's hot as hell in here."

I let out a laugh and rolled off of my bed, making my way to the balcony so I could talk to Chan.

"I just don't understand why he's such an ass sometimes. I know that we've been dating for a long time, but I wasn't wrong in denying him, right?"

Chandler shook his head and put his leg over the railing on my balcony,"No. Of course not."

He stepped into the room, took my arm and led me to my bed, pulling my to sit next to him.

"You shouldn't feel bad for telling someone that you're not ready to go there with them."

I put my head on his shoulder and let out a sigh.

Chandler was right.

Ron is an asshole. If he didn't understand that I wasn't ready to go to that point with him, then he wasn't worth it.

"It doesn't matter anyways now, huh?" I asked, laughing slightly,"I mean, I don't want to date him anymore now that he acted that way and he probably doesn't want to date me now that I threw the lamp."

Chandler laughed,"Awwww, not my favorite lamp?"

I laughed,"Sorry."

He sighed,"What else am I supposed to use when you fall asleep on me? It's always dark in here."

"You're going to have to learn to walk around in the dark because if you wake me up with the main light, I will walk into your room and break your dolls."

Chandler let out a playful gasp,"Blake! I am shocked. They are action figures and you know that."

We laughed together and Chandler put his arm around my shoulder.

"I don't know why I always get mixed into stuff like this," I muttered, turning my head into his arm.

"I don't know either," Chandler said,"You're a pretty girl and you don't deserve that type of treatement."

He placed a small kiss on my cheek and for some reason, in that moment, I never felt closer to anyone in my entire existence.

I kind of liked the idea when I first started, but it started dying when I tried to put it into words. I had my sister read it, and she liked it, which is the only reason I'm actually posting it.

I almost died yesterday because I checked the story and it was at 9.1K and I literally couldn't fathom it because I missed 9K completely. You guys are too amazing. Plus, I checked today, and we're 8 away from 9.2K :D

Also, I didn't realize how many of you guys are PTV fan. The comments blew up last time with things involving Pierce the Veil. It kind of makes me want to get to know you more. I would love for you guys to tell me more about yourselves.

Anyhow, thank you all.

Luv ya ~Miki