Fly High

"Are you sure you'll be alright flying alone?" my mother asked for what seemed like the billionth time.

"Mama," I said pulling her into a hug,"I'm seventeen. I think I can board a plane and make it to dad's house just fine on my own."

My mother shook her head adamantly,"You could get lost. I saw a story on the news about a boy who got on the wrong flight and ended up in the wrong city."

I rolled my eyes,"He was five."

"It could happen to anyone," she shot back.

"I'll be fine."

She sighed one last time before pulling me into another hug.

"Call me when you land and have your father call me when you get to his house."

"Yes Mama."

"I love you Angelina."

"I love you too."

/-/

As I took my seat, I let out a long sigh.

After my parents split up, I had spent the majority of the year with my mother and the summers with the both of my parents at my dad's house.

Recently, my father remarried and my mom claimed that she would be intruding if my dad's ex-wife lived with his new wife for a while summer, even though my stepmother was perfectly fine with it.

Suddenly, a boy around my age say down in the seat beside me.

I calmly adjusted myself so we could both sit comfortably without touching each other and opened the book lying on my lap.

"Maximum Ride," the boy smiled,"I love that series."

I nodded,"Me too. I've read the series about a million times and the mangas about twenty times more."

He gave me a grin and turned to the magazine he was holding. I couldn't really tell what it was about, but the boy seemed really intrigued.

Zombies maybe?

As a few announcements were made over the speaker and the plane finally took off, I snuggled deep into my sweater and plunged head first into the novel of bird children.

Reading was my favorite past time.

It gave me something to do in the most boring situations, one being on a plane for six hours.

As I treaded further and further into the novel, my eyelids began to grow heavier with sleep.

Before I knew it, I was being shaken gently from my sleep.

"Hey," a friendly voice whispered,"The plane is about to land. You have to get up."

I opened my eyes to find myself staring into two bright blue orbs.

"Wakey wakey," the boy said.

I sat up slowly, letting out a small yawn, before checking my phone for the time.

"It's been six hours already?" I asked.

The boy nodded,"You tell asleep on my shoulder about ten minutes into the flight, but it's okay because you smelled nice and I was cold any ways."

I felt a blush creep into my cheeks and wondered whether or not I should thank him.

No.

That would be weird.

After what seemed like the longest twenty minutes of my life, I ended up walking through the airport looking for my father.

"Would you like some company?" the boy asked me.

I shrugged, not really sure if I wanted to embarrass myself further.

"My name is Chandler by the way," he said,"I realized a few moment ago that I never told you that."

"I'm Angelina."

"Nice to meet you Angelina," Chandler said, following me to the spot at the front of the airport where I always met my dad.

"Well," I said, seeing the familiar man holding the "Welcome Back Ang" sign,"This is me. It was really nice meeting you and I'm sorry about the sleeping on you thing."

He shook his head"Don't be. It was actually really cute."

I blushed harder than ever before and turned my head away slightly.

Chandler used his fingertips to guide my face back to look at him and smiled,"Don't be embarassed. It's only the truth."

"Thank you," I stammered slightly, nervously tapping the back of my cell phone, which had become an unhealthy habit.

"How about you give me your phone, and I'll give you mine and we can exchange numbers. I would love to get to know you more."

I nodded, handing him my phone before receiving his.

"There," he said after we swapped back,"I can see that your family is waiting for you."

He motioned towards my dad who had obviously spotted me and was doing some weird jig.

"Yeah," I replied, slowly backing up towards my crazy dad,"I'll talk to you later?"

"You can count on it."

The amount of reads and comments and votes this imagine book gets is unbelievable. It's actually crazy that I've been writing these for over a year.

You guys (and gals 😜😜😜) that read this and vote and comment are way too amazing, and I really do love y'all

In recent news, I now have an instagram. All the better to stalk with my dear.

You guys can follow me at mikihillson if you want.

Aaaaaaaaand, one last time, I LOVE Y'ALL and you really do mean the world to me.

Luv ya ~Miki