Detention 2

"Okay," Mr. Austins muttered, obviously tired,"You all know the rules of detention. Silent and productive."

I rolled my eyes as Chandler giggled.

"Except for you too," Mr. Austins said looking at Chandler and I,"I need you two to help me out with something. It'll only take about ten minutes. After it's done, you guys can go home."

I furrowed an eyebrow, "What about detention?"

"Please," Austins said sarcastically," I just said that so the other kids wouldn't get the idea that they can pass notes. It would have been extremely stupid to give my best students detention for passing notes about becoming friends. I'm not that heartless."

I let out a low chuckle while Chandler spoke.

"Then what do you want us to do?"

Our teacher let out a small huff and spoke, "I'm the director for the school play and the students playing Romeo and Juliet couldn't make it to the costume fitting, so I wondering if you guys could fill in for them while Marissa adjusts the size for them. You two are about the same size as them."

I smiled, "No problem."

He smiled, "Thanks."

He excused himself from the room before reminding the rest of the students into the room that they were to be quiet while he was gone.

Nobody really paid him any mind considering they weren't even talking. They were all just sitting in the room, picking at their nails or napping.

Pretty soon after he left, Mr. Austins walked back in, carrying two large, plastic bags filled with what looked to be a frilly dress and old English attire for men.

"These," he explained, "Are the costumes that you will need to put on."

I nodded and took the dress from him, draping it over my arm.

After about twenty minutes of attempting to hook the corset, I finally had it snapped and made my way from the bathroom and back into the classroom.

As I expected, Chandler was finished before me and waiting while our classmate, Marissa, was kneeling on the ground with a sewing needle in her mouth.

"Chan," she said, slightly muffled," I need you to turn for me."

The boy laughed and proceeded to do as she asked of him.

"This is amazing," Chandler said," I feel like I belong in the Elizabethan era."

I smirked, "Me too."

Five more minutes passed before Marissa told Chandler she was finished and asked me to step on the little pedestal that Austins had brought into the room.

When I was up, Marissa went to work on the corset.

"I wouldn't ever dream of putting one of these on," she said, loosening it slightly, "Back in Shakespeare's time, the girls had to wear these until they could feel it sqeazing their insides."

I frowned,"That poor girl who's playing Juliet."

Marissa chuckled,"Allie won't have to. She'll wear the corset, but it won't be that bad."

When Marissa told me she was done with the corset, I let out a sigh of relief.

Sure, it was pushing on my stomach a little, but it was far more comfortable than it had been before.

Eventually, Marissa said she was done with me, so I hitiched up my skirts and walked over to the classroom door to take the dress off.

"Hey," Chandler said, pushing off the wall he was leaning on and falling into synchronizing step with me,"I was wondering if after we leave, you want to go do something."

I gave a little smile.

This was the first time someone willingly hung out with me.

Nobody had ever been kind enough to even try to make me feel like I was somewhat normal.

I rolled up the long frilly sleeve of the dress and nodded.

My smile then faltered when I noticed that Chandler wasn't looking at my nod, but at the raw redness that covered my arm.

"Chandler, I-"

"No," he growled, grabbing my arm,"You don't do that to yourself anymore, got it?"

I wanted to explain to him why I did it. Why I couldn't stop. Why I didn't want to.

The only thing was that as I looked at the angry look on his face, all I could see was the sadness in his eyes.

It was really hard.

"I promise."

"Good," he said, his expression magically going back to the way it had been before he had seen my cuts, "Now do you want to go bowling or see a movie."

Topic: In formal attire

This was a sorry excuse to fit in with this topic, but it has been running through my mind since I wrote the first part.

I kind of liked this one. I mean, it wasn't the best, but I like the message of the duo imagines. I've been trying to be like Chandler lately, and befriend the people that are looked down upon on a regular basis.

On a less serious note, IM NOT GROUNDED ANYMORE!!! Which means MORE UPDATES!!!

Luv ya~ Miki