> XII <

Michael folded his hands as he looked around the rowdy lunchroom. Justianny still wasn't there -- She must be making up work. He thought to himself.

But, he hadn't seen her the entire day -- went to her classrooms and everything after his own classes finished.

Maybe she's sick. He thought and he would have gone with that, if he didn't remember that Justin wasn't in AP class.

Michael bit his lower lip, an uneasy look slowly made its way to his face.

He had been so into his thoughts that he hadn't noticed the two boys he'd been avoiding since their encounter last week.

"Awe, lookie here, Martin." Xavier had said, as he ruffled Michael's hair. "It looks like somebody misses their little friend."

Michael moved away from Xavier, not bothering to fix his hair. He was nervous now -- there was no reason to be relaxed around Martin and Xavier.

"Where is she, my newly found prodigy?" Xavier asked as he pulled up the chair next to Michael and sat down, his infamous smirk now on his face.

Michael shrugged awkwardly. Even if he did know where she was at, he'd doubt he really tell Xavier.

Martin let out an aggravated breath and Michael looked up to see what he was going to say -- yeah, he feared Martin that much.

However, a look of question passed through Michael's eyes when he saw Martin wearing dark, reflective, sunglasses. Why was he wearing sunglasses inside a building? Isn't it raining outside?

Martin's lower jaw seemed to clench and he spat out, "What the fuck are you looking at?"

Michael whipped his head back down and stared into his hands. Of course, he would place himself in the wrong spot. Of course, he'd be the sole reason behind his own death.

He saw Martin's figure move away from the lunch table, leaving Xavier and Michael alone.

"Awe, man. You pushed a button, mister." Xavier said with mock pity. He lifted up his hand to pat Michael on the back -- with more force than necessary -- and whispered, "You're not going to leave his radar anytime soon, nerd. Watch your back."

Michael kept his eyes on his hands as Xavier chuckled and stood up from the seat. He left the table, but not before ruffling his hair and letting out a loud, "Oh, and don't trust these hoes, Michael."

{•.•}{•.•}{•.•}

"Are you here to pick up whatever it is you want from me?" Ciara had asked the girl who appeared by her side. She then brung up two fingers from each hand and air quoted, "Because I 'owe' you something?"

"Shut up," Mia hissed out as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Cristina had to leave early and I need somebody to walk besides me to class."

"Oh, thank God you found me." Ciara said, feigning amusement and rolling her eyes. "I'm so glad you made that decision."

"Shut up." Mia hissed again. She looked down at Ciara -- hey, at least Ciara was like a midget compared to her, Mia won that part. "Besides, you owe me, so you can't talk shit."