< LII >

{•.•}{•.•}{•.•}

Justianny had been practicing with the softball girls indoors and during lunch, since it had been winter and there was snow outside. It had been one of the worst winters so far, so bad that it pushed the football season in the Winter category. Only for this year.

Well, she and Andrea had been practicing with only each other, since the other girls didn't want to be involved with her one bit. They even talked badly about her, and it was just a couple days after the whole incident.

She was used to them being cold and distant to her. . .but this. . .

"Who's going to pick up the balls after batting practice?" Coach Davids would ask, and America would mutter to Ashley and the others, "Justianny  should, I bet she could handle them well."

They would laugh, and continue to push her out more. Sometimes, Andrea would intervene, and it would work, but not always.

Even in classes it was the same. It was depressing. It was as if a dark, grey cloud was right above her head, pouring rain down with thousands of lightning bolts flashing around her.

"Ashley, I thought you didn't let hoes into your team, why is Justianny the exception?" Tasha Garnett, one of the starters of the team, had asked. Some of the girls snickered as they looked at Justianny and even called her other vulgar names.

"As if I have the authority anymore." Ashley spat out as she glared at Justianny. She threw the ball to America, who snorted obnoxiously. "You don't see how wrapped Coach David's is around her finger."

"Just like Martin? Who she, so easily, gave it up to?" America asked, feigning surprise. She rolled her eyes and threw the ball back. "Innocent my ass, that bitch knew what she was doing."

No, I didn't! She wanted to cry out. What was the point, though? It'd go in one ear, come out the next.

Her chest felt as if it was stabbed repeatedly, held, and twisted, roughly, and crushed over. Her throat constricted, and she felt the tears come to her eyes. Oh no. . . she thought to herself. The more she blinked, the more the tears came.

She had never been in a position where she was such an outcast. Where she was treated so horribly, by girls who are supposed to be her second family. . . Why did they dislike her so much? She didn't do anything to them!

"Don't listen to those bitches, Justianny." She heard, snapping her head up towards Andrea, who glared at the girls who continued with their 'Justianny-hate-rant'. "They just want to see you like this."

She nodded, feeling a little better.

"And can you believe that her corny ass best friend tried to make him and Mia look like they were together?" Amy Li asked, laughing, as she threw the ball to Paula Cyrus.

"They actually belong together: 'The Outcasts, from Pacific Bell High.'" Paula paused herself to later say, "Fucking idiots, too.They're so perfect for each other."

A few tears escaped, hardly anybody noticed, even Andrea—who stood in front of her. She wiped discreetly and sniffled. She'd have to tell Coach Davids that she wasn't feeling well—she'd want to leave. . . and then that would mean skipping school, even if at the moment, she just. . .didn't care.

"Paula are you feeling a little bursty today because your man was cheating on you with another guy?" Andrea let out, her tone holding a bite. Paula snapped her head to her, her dark brown eyes glaring at Andrea, as she took a few menacing steps forward.