< XLII >

It had been just as dark in the bus as it was outside—except for some of the lights that came from students electronics.

Justianny casually laid her head onto Justin's shoulder, mumbling something in her sleep, while he looked out the window. Although it had been pitch-black, he somehow found it soothing. It made him think of nothing but the faint outline of trees and headlights of some of the cars that passed by.

He then felt a soft jolt from the back of his seat and looked back. Her green eyes reflected off of the bright screen that she had been too close to. And she had on headphones, the song that was being played could be heard from where he was at and he wondered how she hadn't been deaf yet.

She made a quick jerk and kicked the back of his seat, again. "Shit." She mumbled out as she kept her attention onto the phone.

Justin turned around and looked at the back of the headrest of the seat in front of him. Some of Michael's golden curls were laid across the top of the headrest. He had long ago went to sleep, along with Kyle, who had been snoring and laying on Michael's shoulder.

He tried to regain his focus by looking out of his window, but knowing that Ciara had been sitting right behind him, kicking his back seat and, now, humming to the song that had been playing, it was hard to do.

But, he had to. He couldn't keep his mind on her. He knew he probably sounded like a broken record when he said that he had to stay away from Ciara, but—

Ciara's ankle was suddenly held and she jolted, looking up at making contact with Justin's brown eyes.

He let go of her ankle, but kept his gaze on her, causing for her to take off her headphones.

So what if he kissed Cristina? That means nothing to me. She thought to herself, even if that statement alone triggered something into her heart.

"Am I bothering you in away way, hun?" She asked as she pushed away the guy that had been dozing next to her.

He bit the inside of his lip. Sure, it was an endearment but. . .He sighed and shook his head. A questioning look overcame her face and he then smiled at her.

Be happy that she talked to you, at least. He thought to himself.

"You've been kicking the back of my seat for the past five minutes." He kept his voice low. He didn't mind if people knew that he was talking to Ciara, but in this school, things were overly exaggerated.

He would be spotlight for 'caught flirting with Martin's ex even after they fought.' He'd rather just keep it at the fighting part.

Actually, he'd rather stay away from it all, but that would mean to stay away from her.

"Justin?" He heard and he looked back at her. A smirk had been placed on her lips and she let out, "Shit, am I that beautiful to you?"

He blinked once. He'd zone out? She chuckled and said, "Let me stop bullying you. I was saying that I'm sorry for doing all of that—it's just, Minion Rush boosts my adrenaline."

He smiled warmly at her. "Adrenaline? What you failed to show when it came down to rides?"

"Justin, that was a low blow."