< XLVI >

"Thank you so much for coming here, Mia!" Allie let out with a wide smile as her long, diamond earrings swished around. "I know it's a family party, and you may not feel comfortable so much, but I feel like you are family to me—to us, because my boys feel the same."

She finished the sentence while she looked at her son, who sat besides Mia and was giving her a nervous smile.

Mia kept the cup to her lips and shook her head vigorously. Her blue eyes were a little hazy, but the dark lighting helped with hiding it.

"I'm fine, Allie." Her words were slurred, but they were overpowered by the music in the background.

Michael looked up at his mother then at Mia. He grew nervous when he saw her eyebrows scrunch up in confusion and begin to bend down towards Mia.

He saw, from the corner of his eyes, his uncle waving his arms around, then pointing towards Allie, which made Michael jump up from his seat and point behind his mother.

"Uncle Jasper is calling for you." He said into her ear, causing for his mother to straighten up and place a smirk on her face.

"I bet you he lost the bet!" She said before she let out a giddy squeal and turned around to rush towards her brother.

Once that happened, Michael felt a hand go up his thigh. He looked towards Mia, who continued to drink, but saw that the corner of her lips were curved up at the sides.

Right when she was getting close to his zipper, he shot his hands down and pushed himself away. A nervous chuckle brought his way to his lips and he shakily let out, "I-I need to go to the bathroom."

He quickly let go of her and stood up to rush to the bathroom, too worked up to hear her chair pushing back, too.

Right when he entered, he turned on the sink and cupped his hands under the water, then splashed it into his face.

Mia had been doing this to him the entire night, whether it was the secret caresses, the way she nibbled on his ear when she pretended to tell him, the soft kisses she gave him when she turned her head while they danced

"You thought you can run away from me so easily?"

He jolted up and turned around to face Mia, who dropped her cup into the trash bin and swayed her hips to the side.

"M-Mia. How did you get in here?" He stuttered out. She didn't give him an answer, she just grabbed the sleeve of his shirt and pulled him into a stall.

"Come on, baby. Let's do this." She whispered out as her hands ran down his shirt and to his belt buckle. His eyes widened when this happened and his hands shot to hers.

"Mia, somebody can come in at any moment!" He hushed out, mentally adding how his family were the ones at this event.

"Sh. Sh. We'll be quiet." She told him as she kissed his lips. Thanks to her heels, she didn't have to push herself up. When she pulled away, she whispered, "Look, it's just us in here. There's no way nobody could see us, the doors and the walls are floor to celling and it's wooden. Come on."

He was still nervous, but her soft kisses were beginning to diminish that feeling.

As she pulled his zipper down, she walked backwards, towards the toilet. She softly brought down the toilet seat with her heel, then sat down on the tank cover.