< XXXIX >

It had been four in the morning and Ciara had been behind the wheel, driving towards the school.

"It's way too early to do this." She said as she let out a long yawn. She had been sweating inside her car due to how much cover-up she had on, but she was not going to get comfortable in her car. Once she stepped out, the air would quickly become ice cold.

That's December for you. She thought.

She took one hand off the steering wheel and moved it over to her phone, which had been connected to her car via bluetooth.

"I need some music in here." She muttered. The lucky thing was that she reached a red light, so it gave her enough time to press the shuffle button on her phone.

As the sound of guitar strums filled her car, Ciara looking at the red light. She could have ran the light since no one was around, but she already got a ticket for that a couple weeks ago and her dad threatened to take the car away from her if it happened again.

The light turned green, and the first verse of 'Hotel California' began to play.

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air. . .

That was when the face of Justin appeared in her head and her lips went numb as she remembered how he kissed her last week.

She shook her head, as if to shake him off.

"It's dangerous to drive and think of him at the same time." She muttered to herself. However, she put the volume up, and, despite the weather, she put the windows down.

.

When she arrived, she first saw the five coach buses, all lined up. She then saw the only available parking spot, which she definitely tried to get without killing any students in the process.

However, once she fully parked, she saw who had been right before her.

Justianny had been talking along with both Michael and Kyle animatedly. Mia had been looking at her phone while Cristina chatted away with Justin, who's lips were pulled up at the corners.

How will I avoid this situation? She thought to herself as she unfastened her seatbelt and sighed.

If Justianny and Michael were there by themselves, Ciara would have been more than great. Shit, she'd spark up a conversation with Kyle and find out more about him!

Just when she thought she could plan out the avoidance, Michael had turned his head towards her and picked up his hand to wave first, then wave her over. Justianny had turned to look at her then picked up her hand to wave at Ciara.

She smiled softly at them and waved back at them while thinking, You'd have to face him somehow, Ciara.

She got out of her car and went back to get her book bag and her carryon, then locked her car and walked over to them.

"So, what do you plan on doing when you get to Disney?" Michael asked as she approached them.

"First off, I'm going to sleep." Kyle answered and Ciara let out a small chuckle. "And then, I'm going to sleep some more."