> XIV <

"Again." Mia ordered as she was dropped down to the floor lightly.

The girls all went back to their positions. Mia turned around to look at every one of them. "Remember the order and keep those arms straight." She moved her arms as she told them each move.

"It's full T, then half a T, then a candlestick." Mia said. The cheerleaders mirrored her movements. She nodded in approval before continuing. "Now, diagonal left, a K to the right, then punch in the air."

Mia nodded and that's when three girls joined her: Kendra, Lucy and Ivelisse — the other flyers. She looked at each of them and they gave her a nod. She looked forward to check if the bases were ready. They were. Or in Mia's words, they better have been.

Mia raised her arms in the air. She and the other three ran three steps forward, then did a roundoff back handspring. 

However, before she could do their final stunt, the doors to the gym opened and in stormed two people — well, one stormed in, the other was casually walking along.

Mia clenched her jaw and turned towards the girls. "Let's take five. Actually, we can practice after school. Go to lunch, ladies."

The girls immediately dispersed and Cristina walked her way towards Mia with a questioning look on her face. When she looked to the side, she slightly paled and slowly hid behind Mia.

"Martin?" Mia greeted slowly. She kept her eyes on him. Xavier smirked from her peripheral vision.

"Hey babe." He had said and Mia crossed her arms over her chest.

She hated him.

"Have you seen Ciara?" Martin asked, his eyes boring into Mia's own.

Mia raised an eyebrow, a slightly amused look grew on her face.

"I'll tell you everything, but remember, you owe me." Mia reminded him. Martin waved it off, his look not changing.

Mia cleared her throat lightly. Just remember, Ciara. You put this on yourself. "During lunch she eats in Ms. Pratt's room to avoid you, but we all know that, right?" Martin's eyes darkened and Mia never wanted to smile so hard, but she kept her composure. "She makes sure to either be the first one out of class, but is the last to reach her locker — so you'll find her when the hallways empty."

Martin nodded and went to turn around, but Mia's hand whipped out and grabbed his wrist. He looked down at that, then looked up at her with a blank expression.

"Are you sure you want to leave now? Because I've got something else to help you with." She let go of his wrist and went back to crossing her arms over her chest.

Martin turned around and Xavier placed his hand on his shoulder, looking at his best friend and telling him, "I don't even know where this is going, but it sounds good."

Mia fought herself from saying something to him and breathed out through her nose instead.

"Yesterday night, Cristina and I were driving from the movies. We stopped at a red light in front of some ice-cream shop—"