> XXXII <

There had been a line of students, waiting to enter the auditorium since Principal Dawson wanted to hold a school-wide meeting. Some chatted about what he had to talk about, others had headphones jammed into their ears, in their own world of music, and others were either reading notebooks or spaced out.

However, only two students were walking down the line: Ciara, with a box filled with cards, and Michael very well dressed in a navy blue suit.

"Here ya go, vote for Michael!" Ciara said as she gone down the line and handed each student a small card.

Even though some put the card in their bag without even glancing, others looked at the card and smirked among their friends, ripping the card in half before throwing it on the floor.

Of course, they only did this in front of Michael—a smirk played along their faces while the sound of the card ripping was heard soon after. He'd only give them a tight smile and nod his head awkwardly, quickly following the short girl around.

"Oh God. Now we're getting closer to them." Ciara said as she passed out the cards to the other students.

Michael looked forward to see who she was talking about and saw Mia along with Cristina and the rest of the cheerleaders. Mia had been leaning against the wall and holding her crutches, Cristina had been rambling on about something, and the rest of the girls were listening in on them. It was probably something important.

He couldn't help to notice how beautiful she looked. Her blonde hair had been wavy, she had on a light peach dress, and a white cardigan pulled over. He could also see that she had been wearing the pendant that she had told him about.

Did Cristina know about it, too?

"Don't worry, Michael." Ciara started, as she continued to pass out the flyers, "I won't let them get to you."

He nervously chuckled as she passed both Mia and Cristina and went to pass the flyer to the girl next to them. Cristina, out of spite, tried to snatch the flyer out of Ciara's hand before she could hand it to the girl, but Ciara retracted her hand back quickly.

She then proceeded to continue to hand the paper to the girl and walked down the line, but not before blowing Cristina a kiss.

While this had happened, Mia had put some hair behind her ear and glanced up at Michael, who also stole a glance, and they both smiled secretly.

He then walked away, following Ciara, and she continued to watch this—the good thing is that people wouldn't suspect anything because Ciara was walking that same way, too.

"She's such a bitch." Cristina hissed out as she glared at Ciara's back. "Ugh, 'Vote for Michael as student president!'" She read off of the flyer that she had snatched out of the girls hold. She then ripped it into pieces and threw it on the floor. "As if I'd ever vote for a nerd like that. What do you think, Mia?"

She hadn't answered the question, so Cristina nudged her a bit, earning a glare from her as she rubbed her side. "What, Cristina?" She hissed out.

"Michael. For president." She was so mad at what had happened moments before to notice Mia's tone. "Can you believe that?"

Mia tilted her head sideways and raised an eyebrow at the newly found information. "He's running for president?"