< LV >

{•.•}{•.•}{•.•}

Nobody would ever believe that Mia Miller and Justin Taylor would ever share a table together. . .but here they were, Cristina animatedly speaking between them, in their own world.

Justin silently listened to what Cristina had been talking about (cheering for the playoffs and how the squad will be competing in the Nationals), while Mia balanced her head on the palm of her hand and stared out into the distance, loads of different thoughts racing through her mind.

"We have so many different routines for everything that's going to happen. Right, Mia?" Cristina began, desperately trying to bring her friend into the conversation with her boyfriend. It was still surreal to her, but here they were. "Tell Justin about our new stuff."

Justin honestly didn't care about what she had talked about, but there was no way he would speak to Mia Miller on friendly terms so quickly. They never spoke to each other in the time that he had in the school. . . and he didn't see her make any effort, either.

The fact that Cristina was this desperate to make them cool with each other, made him want to leave. But, he couldn't. No matter how many uninteresting topics Cristina spoke about, she was still easy to handle, and very respectful. . . so it made him feel bad.

Unlike her, who took him for granted.

Mia suddenly sat up, catching both Cristina and Justin off guard, and look forward with, what seemed, one of those expecting/worried expressions.

Looking forward, they saw the, now boxed (eventually natural) redhead, rush towards their table. A smile on her face, and green eyes sparkling with answers as she appeared right before Mia.

She ignored the rest of the company (a visibly-angered Cristina, and an, what-seemed-like, indifferent Justin), and grabbed Mia's wrist.

She was supposed to be there earlier, but she couldn't sleep an inch after hearing what her father had told her. Which caused her to knock out at five in the morning, and wake up forcefully by a tired/irritated Lia at eleven.

"Mia. I found something out! Something good." Ciara announced, and Mia's eyes widened. Without another word, the two least expected people that would run away, giggling together, did just that.

Leaving both Cristina and Justin in stunned silences.

{•.•}{•.•}{•.•}

"What? Oh no, Justianny says she wants to work by herself." Rodney had told the teacher as he put his back more to her. The rest of the group made their agreements silently, and one even went as far as saying, "You can ask her as well. She said it herself."

Mr. Summers gave the kids a disbelieving look, and walked away quietly, towards the back of the room, where Justianny idly sat.

"You are aware that this is a group exercise, right?" He had asked, and she bit down on her lower lip before softly smiling up at him.

She didn't have a choice in this. Of course not. Working by herself, being excluded from the group, from her grade, from a lot of places. . . it wasn't her choice.

"I know, Mr. Summers," was the only thing she could say. She was physically isolated from them, talked about right in front of her face. . . She didn't know how to feel about it. . . She couldn't even remember the last time she genuinely smiled.