> XXX <

Justianny had folded the last of her clothing and put it away. She check the time on her phone and placed it in her pocket.

Maybe she'd take a hour nap in a few moments.

Doing laundry was a hassle sometimes, but in a way, she was glad that it took her out of the house.

She loved Saturday mornings.

Now it was time to do the same to Justin's clothes.

She had turned around and flinched in surprise when she saw her mother standing at the doorway.

She had been blinking repeatedly and sniffling as she looked at Justianny with an intense stare.

"Hey, mom." She greeted and even offered a smile. No matter how much wrong her mother did to herself and the family, she still, in a way, missed how... Well, come to think of it, Justianny didn't remember any motherly things that her mother has done.

"Hi, hi." Julia said as she brought her hands together. She began to play with them, intertwining them, pulling at them. "Hi, baby. Justin's not here, right?"

Justianny's lips parted as she looked at her mother. She knew where this was going. She continued to answer with hesitation, "Uh, no. He's working, mom."

Julia nodded her head a little aggressively. "Do you, you know? Have any money you can lend to mommy?"

Justianny gulped and shook her head sideways. She used to give her money last year, when she was in this position and gullible to her mother's words. "No, I don't have—"

"Lies!" She interrupted as she let go of her hands to raise a finger to her face. "You're lying to me!"

"No, I'm not, mom." Justianny said shaking her head. Of course she had some money. Justin would give her some, and she'd either buy something, or save it. But she wouldn't let her mother know that. "I don't."

"Yes, you are!" She cried out. She then dove over to Justianny's dresser and began to open some of the drawers.

Justianny stood there for a second. Surprised at her mother's sudden movement. Then, her nerves started to work, quicker than ever.

"Mom, stop!" She said as she jumped in between her and the drawers. "You're going through my stuff!"

"I can! I'm your mother!" She said as she tried to push her by the side. After it didn't work, she looked at Justianny with fire in her eyes and raised her arms.

She went to strike for her chest, but Justianny held onto her wrists to prevent her from finishing the strike. "Mom, stop it!"

"You and Justin! Always taking away my happiness!" Julia screamed as she continued to keep striking. It was at moments like this where Justianny wanted to call to her father, but from the many failed attempts that she had already gone through, she knew that wasn't an option.

"Sometimes I wondered why I had you two! My life would have been so much better without you!" She screamed out, and Justianny blinked once to look at her. Julia, unaware of the pain she had just pierced through her daughter, continued to talk. "I could have lived a better life. Thomas and I could have actually loved each other. With no kids, no anything on our backs. Just—"