< LIII >

{•.•}{•.•}{•.•}

Ciara barged through her bedroom door and angrily took off her book bag throwing it onto her bed.

She told herself not to be mad. She told herself that Justin can do whatever the fuck he wanted to, like he had been doing the past few months, that she shouldn't care about it.

But she couldn't help it. He was doing these things on purpose, and in her face! And, really, Cristina? Out of all people?

Of course she was giving him that facade. I wonder how he would feel, knowing how she was with his sister?

She clenched her teeth and sighed. Justianny suddenly on her mind. She had tried to get a hold of her, to explain everything to her from her side—Martin could try to explain whatever the fuck he tried—she wanted to tell her that she didn't feel anything negative towards her, just surprised, that's all.

Still, she couldn't bring herself to pick up her phone and text her. It was as if she felt guilty (she did) over everything that happened.

Ciara suddenly came out of her thoughtful rant, when she looked over at her bedroom door and saw her dad standing there, a box in his hands.

They stood there for a good, five minutes, just staring at each other in silence. Daniel missed his little girl—he couldn't blame anything on her, he'd do the same thing if he was in her position.

Well, if he had been just as confident as she was when he was her age. She definitely took after her mother.

Ciara, on the other hand, had mixed feelings. Yes, she missed her father, a lot, but she was still angry with him. It's like. . .why? Why would you do something like that?

She clenched her teeth and breathed in deeply. Closing her eyes, she let out, "I need something from you, dad."

He blinked repeatedly, surprised at hearing his daughter speak to him. Lia had been, too, but only to tell him to pick up his stuff, mostly.

"Anything." He blurted out, anything to hear his little girl's voice.

"Who's Mia's father?"

Daniel had been so taken aback from that question, that he almost dropped the box in his hands. Then, Ciara saw him relax a little, a small smile on his face, even though a sad look took over.

He then bent down and put the box on the floor, walked into her room, and stopped right in front of her. He turned to the board where she had her photos, then reached out to place his hand on her favorite picture, where her dad was doubled.

However, slowly, realization had been dawning upon her as her father took the photo off, turned it around to the back, and felt around it.

Her jaw slackened when she saw the thin, white, strip being carefully pulled away. He breathed out what seemed like a breath that he held in for a while.

He wasn't expecting her to know about him. Maybe Mia mentioned. . .

He handed Ciara the picture, and she took it slowly, turning it around once she had it.

Daniel & Mason '89

"I know you have many questions right now." Daniel began as he looked at the picture, before turning away. "Ask your mother about this."