> XXXIV <

Justin had sat down on the chair as soon as the bell rang. A few seconds after, the seat next to him was dragged and soon, Cristina sat down, a slight frown on her face.

Justin cleared his throat and turned to look at her. "Are you OK?"

Cristina snapped her head towards his direction. He worried about me? Her lips instantly spread into a smile. "Oh. I'm fine. Mia was just a bit harsh on me for the routine last game, but it's OK."

Justin nodded his head slowly and shrugged slightly. He never really paid attention towards the cheerleaders when they performed—not even at his old school. Only Justianny really looked forward to that; she had wished that the cheerleaders could perform at softball games.

"I guess." He said, and before anything else could be said, Mr. Lowe closed the door, causing all students to be quiet and pay attention to him.

"All of your essay's were very, very good." He started as he walked over to his desk and tapped on the papers. "I hope that you guys are going good with your 'The Story Within Us' essay. There's another one that we will start. It will be about controversial questions."

He turned around and uncapped a marker, writing: 'Your controversial question:' "Keep in mind that each class does have a different question. Your's will be. . ."

He continued to write on the board and as he did this, Cristina whispered, "I hope we get a good one. I don't really like talking about those types of questions."

He nodded slowly as he read what Mr. Lowe wrote.

'Do you believe in love at first sight? Why?'

"Now, you will give me a five page paper on this. I want sources. No wikipedia—you guys already know this. Your last body paragraph will be your partner's view on it." He said, then he pulled out his chair and sat down. "If anybody has any question—a valuable, relatable question—I will be here. Pick up your essays at the end of class."

Chatter began to fill up the room. Major disagreements were heard, but others were agreeing on the same thing.

"I actually go back on my word. I like answering this type of question." Cristina responded as she turned to Justin and wrapped a finger around some of her curls.

Justin smiled as he took out his notebook along with his pen. "Oh really?" He asked as he open it up. She nodded and he looked right at her, causing her to melt inside. "So tell me. Do you believe in love at first sight?"

Cristina smiled and, animatedly, responded with, "Yes, I do. I feel like that's how connections start when it comes down to the relationship—it's all about contact and how you see each other in that moment. Did you know that it only takes eight seconds of eye contact for that to happen?"

Justin shook his head slowly as he jotted down portions of her answer.

"Yup. I searched that up. I believe that every relationship starts off that way." She responded and he looked up at her with a raised eyebrow.

"So, why do you believe in it?" He asked her.

She smiled softly at him and fluttered her eyelashes. "I believe in it because I've experienced it."