< XLIX >

{•.•}{•.•}{•.•}

"This bitch is so on me. I don't understand why, man? Could it be possible that my game is just too good?" Xavier had been talking about how much Ashley was obsessed with him, and how she couldn't give him space to breathe. He was getting close to breaking things off with her.

It had been New Years Eve, and Martin had been laying down on Ashley's bed, bored out of his mind and checking his phone repeatedly. Even though the music had been blasting from downstairs (Ashley had been throwing her 'end-of-the-year-party'), he had been waiting to hear the little ringtone, stating that Justianny had texted back.

Why do I keep waiting for her to respond? He asked himself, remembering their last encounter. She told him she loved him, and he never felt more speechless.

He was supposed to be happy, that his plan had finally worked. . . But when his father had come into the house and told him that he 'took care of the little girl that kept coming to the house', he was never more worried over her. . . Over someone.

Every time he called her, it had been sent to voicemail, every time he texted her, she never responded. He knew she was avoiding him, he passed by her building at night and would see her light on every time.

He bit on his lower lip, contemplating on what to do. It hadn't even lasted a second, however. He stood up, let out an, "I need to go" and headed towards the door.

"Wait, what man? Come back, have fun!" Xavier called out, frowning towards his friend, but Martin had already left. Leave it to Martin to leave an event so early. Just cause.

"Fine! Leave me with all these bitches. The more, the merrier." Xavier smirked as he pushed himself off the bed and moved towards the door.

.

Martin had been zooming down the street in his motorcycle, one person on his mind.

What was she doing? He thought to himself, a grim expression on his face.

He stopped at a red light. He had been the only one outside and it was dead, and cold, in the night. Twelve was soon to hit, and he was about to spend his New Years heading to a girl he shouldn't be caring about.

I'm there to see if she's okay. After that, I'm leaving. He thought to himself, groaning in disappointment right after.

He heard someone sobbing to the left of him and he glanced over before turning back to the light. His head snapped back to the person and he took off his helmet to have a better view.

He pulled his motorcycle towards the sidewalk and rushed to the bench that Ciara had been laying on, covering her face as she sobbed repeatedly.

"Ciara?" He asked, his heart pounding against his chest as he saw the girl he'd been in love with, crying to herself. "Why are you outside? It's freezing out here."

What happened? He asked himself, scrunching up his eyebrows as he slowly reached out to pat her shoulder.

"Martin," she whispered out, uncovering her face to reveal her now vibrant green eyes. However, even though they shined more as tears rolled down her cheeks, there was a certain emptiness to it.

"What happened, Ciara? Why are you crying?" His voice had been soft as he sat down next to her.  She had been short enough to give him space.