< XLV >

M: Idk I'm nervous.
J: do u think it will b fun?
M: Not sure, honestly. It's my last year there and I won't go as an counselor. That party will probably be memorable, or something I'd like to forget.
J: well then in that case count me in! i'll help you out. cant have my best friend feeling like that.

Justianny raised an eyebrow when the last message didn't send. She tried it over, and over again, but still, nothing. She looked up at the left corner of her phone and right where her signal usually showed, it said 'No Service.'

Right at that moment, Justin opened the door and poked his head in. "Sorry, I forgot to pay the phone bill yesterday. I'll do it when I'm either on my way to work, or on my way back."

"It's fine, Justin. Take your time." She said with a bright smile. Soon after, he opened the door and walked over to the bed. He bent down and hugged her tenderly, and she hugged him back.

"No matter what, Justianny, I will always love you and you will always be my little sister. Under any circumstances, I don't care. Alright?" He said as he lightly squeezed her.

She gulped down and closed her eyes, then hugged him tighter. She nodded her head slowly and whispered out, "Alright. And I love you, too. I'm really grateful to have you."

They continued to hug like this until Justianny told him that he had to go to work. He smiled a little at her then stood up and walked out of the room.

For the past couple days, Justin had been different. Not drastically, but just a bit enough for Justianny to notice. He had a lighter step and he didn't argue about their mother much.

"I wonder what has him like that?" She asked to herself. Maybe he was having a great time at work—Justin was a workaholic.

Or maybe he's in love? Justianny thought instantly of Ciara, and pouted out her lower lip.

Ciara was much too nice to her. How would she be when she found out the truth? About her and Martin? It would—

The necklace.

Jutianny's heart dropped and she bit on her lower lip. What was she going to do about that? How could she approach that situation?

What would she tell Martin? Would she have to pay it back?

She began to hyperventilate.

She had searched up that necklace on the internet—it was over three thousand dollars!

She could never face him. . . She hoped that he would stop hitting her phone up, that way it would be easier to avoid him.

But. . . You're not like that, Justianny. You would tell him no matter what. Even if it costs your life. He has a right to know.

She sighed deeply and nodded her head, then stood up to get ready for a shower. When she passed the dresser, she saw the picture of her brother and her.

What would Justin think about her? He was already jealous over her, imagine if he found out that she and Martin. . .

She sighed and shook her head. She took her towel that was hooked over her closet, and walked out of her room.

Maybe a shower would let her clear her mind.

.

Justianny wrapped the towel around her body and left the bathroom. She shivered as she entered the small hallway and remembered that a nearby neighbor had told her that the heater sucked in the building, especially during the winter.