< XXXVIII >

"You're not going to win, you nerd. Face it!" One of the kids let out as they pushed past Michael, causing him to drop some of his books.

When he bent down to pick up his books, they were kicked away by a black shoe. Michael gulped nervously and went to pick up his books when the same person crouched down to to pick his head up.

Martin's hard eyes looked straight into Michael and he tilted his head sideways. Michael bowed his head down, too afraid to continue eye contact with him, which caused Martin to let out a dry chuckle.

"Still can't look me in the eye? Fucking pathetic." He spat out as he pushed him down to the floor. Martin didn't know why he was here pushing Michael around. Maybe, it had to do with when Ciara came up to him to talk and Justianny went and jumped on him like she hadn't seen him in forever.

His eyes narrowed as that feeling entered his chest. He placed his hands in his pockets as Michael pushed himself up quickly while he held onto his books.

Martin smirked as he grabbed onto the collar of his shirt. "Let's see how you'll deal with me for the rest of the semester—"

The door to a room opened and out came a cart filled with candy canes, then Justin appeared, closing the door. He looked up to see both Martin and Michael.

The first one he mentioned looked straight at Justin and glared at him. Michael, kept his head down, wondering if Justianny still liked Martin, and, if she did... He wondered what the heck she found in him now.

"Let's go, Mike. I think I might need your help." He said as he pushed the cart towards them. The closer he got to them, the harder Martin glared.

"Let's go." Justin repeated as he stopped right before them. He looked towards Martin and said, "It's the holidays, Martin. Cheer up."

A saying like that reminded Martin of Ciara. And, even though the jealous feeling didn't come out as strong as it did before, he still grew mad.

"You don't know what's coming for you, Taylor." He hissed out before he turned and walked away from both of them.

{•.•}{•.•}{•.•}

Justianny looked up at the familiar home before her and held onto the strap of her sports bag.

It had been pouring hard, but she didn't have an umbrella on her, so she had been soaked in rainwater.

Taking a deep breath, she decided that she was ready. Ready for any type of answers. She picked up her right foot and took a step forward, then did the same with her left.

Her heart beat louder than the rain drops as she continued her walk towards the front door.

Once she stopped in front of the door, under some sort of shelter, away from the rain, she lifted her fist and knocked on the door.

"Just a moment!" She heard Shea call out, and soon, the front door was open. Her eyes widened as she took in Justianny's appearance. "Darling, what's wrong?"

Justianny's lower lip trembled, no matter how hard she clenched her teeth. Did she know about it? "Is Mr. Dawson here?"

Shea's eyes softened as she shook her head sideways. "He's at a meeting with the Board of Ed right now, darling. Do you need something?"