Making Her Costume

I scratch my neck as I grab another piece of thread.

"Daddy yew ave dis dun by mownin?"

I look at my daughter Annabell smiling.

"Of course babygirl Daddy Caspar has got this, now go find daddy Joe and get ready for bed."

I kiss her head as she goes to find Joe I continue working on her dance costume and Carter comes in.

"Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"Can I have a drink?"

"A little water yes."

I say getting the drink for him and he smiles taking it I wait for him to finish before kissing his head and sending him to Joe. Sitting back at the sowing table I work more on the costume. I stitch and sow, cut and fix, measure and knot. Glancing at the clock I notice it's two in the morning I'm half finished stretching, I get a glass of water taking a break for my eyes and fingers.

"Caspar are you still awake?"

"Hey baby and yeah why aren't you asleep?"

"I was but I didn't feel you next to me and I got worried."

"I'm sorry baby I'm trying to finish her costume I'm half way done I promise when I finish I'll come to bed."

"Okay."

He says kissing my cheek I watch as he goes upstairs and I sit back at the table. I keep working deciding not to take a break since it would probably take up even more time. The sun begins to light up outside as I finish the last stitch. I groan rubbing my eyes picking up her outfit I place it on her dresser for Joe to put on her before I walk into our room to Joe walking from the bathroom.

"Are you just getting to bed?"

"Mhm but it's finished."

I yawn falling into my pillow he quietly giggles laying next to me.

"Thank you for doing it and getting it finished you're the best daddy and husband ever."

He kisses my head pulling the covers over my shoulder as I fall asleep exhausted.