I Wish

Joe's outfit above

Joe's outfit above. Caspar's below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixing his hair Joe heard a knock at his chamber door.

"Enter."

He calls sitting up straight incase it is his father but he relaxes smiling when he sees his best friend and secret boyfriend Caspar.

"Hallo JoJo."

"Hallo Caspy."

Joe smiles kissing his boyfriend softly Caspar blushes sitting on the dressing seat while Joe sit on his bed.

"Are you ready for tonight Joe?"

"Not really not that I have anything against them but I do not wish to dance with a group of girls I much rather wish to dance with you."

"As I you alas right now there is naught a thing we can do about it."

Caspar sighs looking at the floor Joe nods before standing up and looking in the mirror next to his closet door.

"Well we mustn't keep them waiting."

Joe lean over kissing him once more before they leave walking down to the ball room music playing and people already dancing. Leaving Caspar's side to go seek out his parents Joe sit next to his mother watching as everyone dances.

"Oh that must be the lady Caspar's parents are hoping he shall marry"

 Lady Sugg says Joe sighs silently he always hated when he had to sit and watch Caspar dance with women. Joe also knew Caspar hated it too they only wished to be happy together Joe hoped one night it could happen. Watching from across the room Joe sees the girl lean up to try and kiss Caspar's cheek. Standing Joe walks across the ball room floor moving in between couples he approaches Caspar as the song ends. 

"Caspar? May I cut it?"

Confused Caspar nods letting the girl go to dance with Joe but he shakes his hand taking Caspar's hand in his.

"My dearest I meant I wished to dance with you."

"Of course."

Caspar grins nodding his head and Joe wraps an arm around his waist taking his other hand in his. They move across the ballroom floor not caring the stares or whispers they received from the people around them. After dancing to three songs they move over to sit down both boys watched as their parents quickly walk over to them. 

"What are you boys thinking do you know how much people are whispering and staring at you."

"I'm sorry you're embarrassed but I love Caspar and he loves me we want to be happy together."

"Joseph you know that is forbidden." 

Joe nodes his head at his father before standing up and taking Caspar's hand in his.

"Then we're going to find somewhere that it isn't goodbye mother father."

Caspar says goodbye to his before Joe drags him away the two young boys dash across the room outside to the courtyard. Hooking up one of the carriages Caspar pulls his hand for a moment.

"Wait what are we going to do for money and clothing?"

"Don't worry my love I've been planning this for a long time I've been stashing money and clothes over the years in case this ever happened. We'll be perfectly set do you really want to do this with me?"

The blond hair boy thought for a moment before quickly nodding.

"I love you Joe wherever you go I wish to be."

Leaning over Joe kisses his mouth before snapping the reigns the horse quickly moving far away from the castle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Five years later.*

Joe hums quietly to himself as he makes a cup of tea for himself and Caspar before they leave to go into the village. It's been five years since they had left their families behind at times Joe really missed them. They had sent a few letters letting their parents know they were doing alright but no word of where they lived. Caspar got a job as a blacksmith creating weapons for nearby kingdoms and armies while Joe was elected village Reeve. A pair of arms wrap around his waist and he smiles leaning his head back to kiss Caspar's mouth.

"Good morning my love how are ye feeling?"

"Tired."

Caspar mumbles into Joe's neck smiling as he hears Joe chuckle quietly.

"Who's fault is that?"

"Tis mine."

The younger replies before sitting down on a stool where Joe hands him a cup of tea they talk for a few minutes before a knock sounds on the door.

"Yes hallo?"

Joe says when he sees a young royal guy standing at the door.

"A message from Sugg palace."

"Thank ye."

Joe takes it back to Caspar and reads over it.

"My father is stepping down and wishes that I return he said it was not right of him to tell who I shall and shall not love."

"Do you want to go back?"

"Do you?"

"Yey I miss my family we can still come back can we not?"

"We can this village is so small and poor why don't we move them closer then we can still watch after them."

Caspar smiles nodding as he kissed Joe once more before they leave for work. Three weeks later after a note sent to his father that they were returning, cottages being built from what was taken out of the old village. Joe and Caspar with the village people returned home where they were reunited with their families before several months later being untied as husbands. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy this thank you for the request!! :D

dedicated to: cupofno