Tattoo Love (AU)

From a very young age Joe had heard stories of finding your soulmate when you turn eighteen. You'd fall asleep on the night before your birthday and when you woke the next morning your soulmate tattoo would be there on your skin. The only other person who had a tattoo identical to your own would be your soulmate. Joe's eighteenth birthday was drawing closer the excitement he felt was obvious to his family and his best friend Caspar. Joe's little sister Zoe was the most excited.

"Do you think it will a name or a object?"

Eight year old Zoe asks as she lays on her big brother's bed the night before his eighteenth birthday.

"I'm not sure but whoever or whatever it I'll find out."

"Why doesn't Caspy look for his?"

She asks referring to the older lad that lived a few houses down from theirs. Caspar had gotten his tattoo last year on his eighteenth birthday two feathers standing on his right wrist.

"I'm not sure really I just don't think he's interested in being with anyone right now."

Joe smiles ruffling her hair before sending her off to bed crawling under his covers Joe stares at his wrist in the dark.
~
The next morning Zoe bursts into Joe's room waking the boy from a deep sleep.

"Happy Birthday Joe let's see your tattoo!"

Zoe practically screeches jumping on his bed Joe laughs calming her down, taking a deep breath he lifts his arm looking at the ink.

"It looks just like Caspar's."

Zoe whispers looking at her big brother who's eyes are filling with tears he was in complete shock. Joe had liked Caspar for the past few years now and knowing that he was Caspar's soulmate made his heart flutter. The tears of joy were soon replaced with sadness Caspar would hate having his best friend as his soulmate it would ruin everything between them.

"Why are you crying?"

She asks confused tilting her head to the side wiping his eyes Joe keeps his head down when he hears a voice cleared and Caspar's voice.

"Hey Zo do you think I could talk with Joe alone for a few minutes, your mum is looking for you to get dressed."

Nodding she hugs Joe tightly before walking to find her mum Caspar closes the door behind him.

"Why are you crying did your tattoo not come in?"

Caspar asks concern filling his voice as his best friend silently cries. It was his birthday he should be happy and overjoyed not crying in bed.

"I-it came."

"Then what's wrong?"

He asks taking Joe's arm his heart stopping when he sees the tattoo identical to his.

"They're the same."

Caspar says Joe nods more tears running down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Caspar I know this is going to anger you please don't stop being my friend I'll keep it covered up if you want. This wasn't my choice I have no way of stopping it.

Joe cries into his hands not seeing Caspar shake his head Caspar wraps his arm around the smaller boy pulling him onto his lap.

"I don't want you to cover it and I'm not mad I've been hoping for this ever since I got my tattoo."

"You have?"

Joe sniffles looking up at Caspar who smiles wiping his cheeks and places a small kiss to his nose.

"I've loved you for a long time Joe that's why I never bothered trying to find someone who's tattoo matched mine. I don't want to be with anyone else it's always been you who I've had feelings for and now I know one hundred percent why."

"I feel the same I I just didn't know how to tell you or think you'd feel the same way."

Joe says rubbing his eyes as they fill with tears once again.

"Shh it's alright no need to cry."

Caspar hums grabbing a tissue from the box on the bed wiping Joe's eyes he smiles cupping his face.

"Happy Birthday darlin I love you."

He whispers pressing a soft kiss to his lips resting their foreheads together.

"I love you too Caspar so much."

Joe smiles hugging him tightly thinking this was the best birthday gift he could ever ask for.

Dedicated to phandosjaspar thank you so much for requesting I hope you like it and that it's fluffy enough for you, I absolutely loved writing it :)