Job Promotion

Joe's P.O.V
'Are you going to be home in time for the dinner?'

'Yes Joe I told you that already.'

'That's what you said last week but you went to the club.'

'We moved past that I said I would be there if I can't make it I'll call.'

Sighing I set my phone on the table as I continue to work around the kitchen getting the food ready for my boss and his wife who are coming over. If this night goes well I'll be promoted to head manager of the company I work for involving medical work and infant care.

"Okay the roast is almost ready I just need to check the veggies."

I poke them with a fork smiling before rushing upstairs to shower and change after putting everything on warm. After I'm finished I go downstairs when the bell rings.

"Welcome Mr. Ross Mrs. Ross please come in."

I smile holding the door I lead them into dinning room after shutting the door.

"Would you like some wine? My boyfriend will be along soon I apologize."

"That's alright and yes please."

I fill their wine glasses along with my own.

"Dinner is ready if you would like to eat?"

"We can wait a little while."

I nod as we sit at the table chatting and talking. After about half an hour with no answer from Caspar I decided to just serve dinner. I apologize for his absent once I don't get a reply from Oli  or Josh.

"This roast is delicious Joe very moist and tender."

"Thank you Mrs. Ross it's a recipe my nan passed to my father then to myself."

I smile before Mr. Ross brings up the management position and my qualifications for it. After dinner we sit on the couch with coffee and some brownies and ice cream. We laugh and he smiles patting my shoulder before they leave.

"Monday pack your desk to move up to the new management office."

"Thank you so much sir you have no idea how much this means to me."

I grin waving them off before closing the door I walk to the kitchen putting everything away placing the dishes in the dishwasher locking the front door before going up to change. Changing from my clothes into pajamas I brush my teeth washing my face. Once completely comfy I crawl into bed with my book. I hear the front door open and close before Caspar calls my name ignoring him I continue to read.

"JoJo I'm sorry."

"I don't want to hear it Caspar Lee there is a blanket and a pillow sleep on the couch."

"Not until you hear me out."

"I'm done hearing you out Caspar! This was a big night for me and you missed it you didn't call nobody answered my texts I had to go through it alone. Thankfully my boss isn't a asshole and I was able to impress him and his wife along with getting the position. If you're hungry there are left over but I don't want to talk or even look at you right now."

"Joe."

"Caspar I said no!"

"Mikey got hit by a fucking car."

"What?"

"I walked with him across the street and some asshole wasn't watching where he was going and hit him. We took him to the hospital I wasn't able to use my phone because the battery die and I couldn't get ahold of you. Oli and Josh arrived later and we had to turn our phones off. Baby I'm sorry I missed the dinner I really am but I couldn't leave him."

Caspar says kneeling by the bed.

"I'm sorry I didn't know is he okay?"

"He's got a few soar ribs, concussion and he may have broke his leg in one spot but other then that he's okay. I'm sorry about missing important things baby I really am and I'm sorry I haven't been acting right I was working on something."

"Like what?"

"This."

He smiles reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small ring box.

"I wanted to ask after dinner but I'll do it now. Joe I love you so much no matter what I always will you're my moon and stars my everything I couldn't imagine this life without you. You can be stubborn as hell sometimes picky and get angry easily but I wouldn't have you any other way. Joe will you marry me?"

I smile wiping my eyes as tears fall as I nod my head.

"Yes Caspy of course yes."

He slips it on my finger kissing my mouth and hugging my tightly I lay my head on his shoulder sniffling.

"So does this mean I don't have to sleep on the couch."

I giggle softly lightly slapping his back.

"No you goof you don't have to sleep on the couch."