Goodbye My Almost Lover

(Lyric breakdown of Almost Lover by Fine Frenzy.)

Joe's p.o.v

I wipe my eyes as I sit down on my bed the thoughts and memories of the past few days hitting me full force in the face. The person I loved most in this world told me he doesn't feel the same about me and that he doesn't think we should talk right now. 

'Your fingertips across my skin the palm trees swaying in the wind images '

The memory of the time we spend two weeks in LA just relaxing by ourselves when I asked him to hand me my drink his fingers brushed my hand. I nearly lost grip on my drink when I felt the sparks run up my arm. Quickly moving my hand back after thanking him I watched the palm trees sway trying to calm myself down.

'You sang me Spanish lullabies the sweetest sadness in your eyes clever trick'  

The night of Caspar's twenty first birthday he got so drunk I had to half drag him into the flat laughing as he tried to sing goodnight moon in a Spanish accent.

'I never want to see you unhappy I thought you'd want the same for me' 

If I could do anything in the world it would be to keep all the bad things in life from happening to him. I only want the happiest life for him and in my silly mind I actually thought he would want the same for me.

'We walked along a crowded street you took my hand and danced with me images'  

When a festival came to town we ran out at the chance to have a little fun little did we know that the streets were crowded with people. Shrugging Caspar took my hand pulling me towards where the music was and we started dancing. I laughed so hard as people soon started to join in with us.

 'And when you left you kissed my lips you told me you'd never ever forget these images, no'

One of my favorite memories is when he accidentally kissed me he was leaving to go back to South Africa. He leaned over to jokingly kiss my cheek as he said goodbye but I turned my head too fast. Even tho it wasn't very long I can say it was one of the best kisses I ever had even if it was a accident. 

'I cannot go to the ocean I cannot drive the streets at night I cannot wake up in the morning without you on my mind. So now you're gone and I'm haunted and I bet you are just fine. Did I make it that easy to walk right in and out of my life?'  

Ever thought seems to just be filled with Caspar in a way my life sort of revolved around him and it made it even harder since we're room mates. He left for South Africa the night I told him I was in love with him. He said we needed space that he would be there for a few weeks then when he came back he would look for a new place to live. Little does he know I'm not going to be here I'll be gone in a new place of my own. Grabbing my phone I pull up his contact hitting messages I take a deep breath before typing.

'Dear Caspar,

Goodbye, my almost lover goodbye, my hopeless dream I'm trying not to think about you can't you just let me be? So long, my luckless romance my back is turned on you I should've known you'd bring me heartache almost lovers always do.'  

I hit send before texting his mum to let him know that I'm leaving the flat and will be gone when he gets back. Shutting my phone off I lay back on my bed cuddling my pillow I close my eyes as a tear slips down my cheek.

"Goodbye my Caspar."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This broke my heart so much writing it but I loved the way I wrote it I hope you guys all enjoy <3