Jealous

"How long will you be at practice for?"

"A few hours we're losing a new dance and I told Dianne we could go to lunch if we're able to get an hour or two in beforehand."

"Oh okay should I expect you home for dinner?"

"I'm not sure I'll let you know later okay I love you have a good day."

"I love you too."

Caspar gives a smile as Joe kisses him quickly waving as he heads out to the studio to get some practice in for his and Dianne's new dance routine. They had another performance coming on Saturday and they'd been spending days together learning new dances. Caspar was so proud of Joe and happy he was getting the chance to do this but he can't help but be a little upset that Joe was never home. He missed spending time with his boyfriend and to be frank he didn't really like that Joe was spending all his time with Dianne. 

"Might as well get some housework done."

Caspar sighs knowing he needed to do something physical to let his mind wander without too much effort. Putting on some music he lets his thoughts run while cleaning up folding laundry the way Joe showed him. After a few hours, he sits in the kitchen with a drink to give himself a break and to check his social media. When there is a knock on the door Caspar sets his phone down walking to answer it.

"Caspar!"

"Zoe I'm so happy to see you come in what brings you to London you don't come here very often."

Leading her into the kitchen he gets her a hot drink and has her sit across from him at the dining room table.

"Alfie is busy with meetings for the day and I had some time to relax so I thought I would come to visit. Is Joe around?"

"No, he's spending all his time with Dianne."

"Sounds to me someone is a little jealous."

Zoe grins over her drink nearly laughing as Caspar's face turns a little red at having been caught.

"I know I'm awful but I've hardly seen Joe at all these past few weeks he's always too tired to spend time together in the evening."

When Caspar's phone buzzes he can't stop his eyes from rolling when he sees Joe text telling him he wouldn't make it to dinner. Handing Zoe his phone to read the message Caspar gets up to get them a snack.

"I love your brother to death but sometimes he is so clueless about things you know I've eaten dinner every night by myself this past week."

"That sounds very lonely."

"Trust me it is I don't need his attention all the time don't get me wrong I am very happy for him and I'm so glad he's doing this. I'm so proud of him for taking this opportunity and I'm glad he has such a wonderful partner but all their spending time together sucks for me."

"Have you talked to Joe about any of this?"

"Oh, Zo he'd think I was being crazy and unreasonable."

"Do you think you are?"

"No."

"I don't think you are either think about talking to him okay and if you'd like I would love to join you for dinner."

"You would?"

"Of course."

They share a smile deciding to move into the lounge to watch a movie they agreed on ordering pizza later. 

"Yes, I love Hocus Pocus you know me so well."

Zoe cheers from her spot on the couch after Caspar brought their food in later that evening.