Coming Out

"Are you sure I can't just give it a few more days to tell people?"

Joe asks looking at Byron who is setting the camera up for Joe's outro on the music video that they will be filming in the morning. They took on the writing a song in one hour challenge and Joe wanted to use the music video as a way to come out to the world.

"No, your video is being uploaded on Sunday this is something you've been wanting to do for such a long time. You have people that are going to support you and if there are a few hateful people just ignore them. They're the ones who are in the wrong, not you embrace who you are Joe. Remember not only is this your coming out this is to let Caspar know without the world knowing how you feel about him."

Giving a nod Joe turns his attention to the camera waiting for Bryon to hit record taking a few deep breaths he looks into the camera speaking. When he's finished after having to restart a few times Joe begins the process of practicing the lyrics. He wanted everything to be perfect when he sang the song for real.

"Come on mate it's late we need to go to bed Conor will be here early in the morning."

Saying goodnight Joe goes to his room after doing his night routine anxious for tomorrow.
~
"Okay, Joe are you ready just remember take your time if we have to restart we can."

"I'm really nervous."

"I understand but you got this Byron and I are right here for you."

Taking a few breaths Joe fixes his glasses giving a nod that he's ready to start recording.

(Some song lyrics are changed to fit imagine original lyric credit to Joe and Conor.)

"I took you home to meet my family I asked if you would stay the night.
I truly wouldn't have minded no I like you more than I realized."

Memories of the first time Caspar met his family flitter through his mind.

"We sat for dinner around the table big mumma's famous shepherd's pie."

"Big mumma."

Bryon leans over singing Joe tries not to smile as he focuses on the music trying to keep in time. 

"I sat by you trying not to show it oh how breathless I felt looking in your eyes.

Oh, I need to tell you why I want you to be my mister hold your hand and kiss ya.
Why can't I just say this with ease baby I just want to kiss ya hold you close and see

you lying next to me, baby."

Stopping he takes a breath wiping his forehead they give him a few minutes to be alone dialing Caspar's number he listens to the ringing.

"Hello, Joe!"

"Hi Casp what are you up too?"

"Playing some Fifa with Josh before going to a meeting how about you?"

"Recording the music video I had to stop because I was really nervous."

"You're going to do great, okay I know coming out is scary but you got this man I believe in you. I will be sitting by my computer I'm so excited to listen I hate you won't let me hear beforehand."

"It's best to have you wait just like everyone else."

Joe smiles listening as Caspar goes on about it not being fair and since he's Joe's best friend he should be allowed to know."

"Only a few more days I gotta go but I'll call you back later."

"Alright have fun!"

Hanging up Joe tells Conor and Bryon he's ready to restart the video once more.

"I want to see you at the alter our families watching with big smiles.
I bet that you would look breathtaking looking at me with that love gleam in your eyes.

But for now, I have to settle oh with being your friend for a while.

Oh, I need to tell you why I want you to be my mister hold your hand and kiss ya.

Why can't I just say this with ease baby I just want to kiss ya hold you close and see you lying next to me, baby."

Letting the guitar fade out they pause the camera both guys hugging Joe tightly before helping him clean up. Later that evening while he's sat in bed watching the video back he can't stop the grin from appearing. Having called Caspar earlier to invite him over to watch the video together Joe can't help the butterflies.
~

"I'm so excited come on hit publish already."

Caspar begs as they sit together on the sofa a blanket laying across them Joe's laptop sat open and waiting.

"Give me a minute I have to finish putting in the title."

Joe says his stomach erupting with nerves he already had a bunch of calls and texts from friends and family wishing him luck. He wanted this time alone with Caspar because he knew that Caspar would realize Joe was singing about him.

"Alright, are you ready?"

"I've been ready."

Hitting publish Joe sits back waiting a few minutes before going to his profile and clicking the video for Caspar to watch. Staying silent he lets the music video play Caspar's eyes stuck to the screen. When the song finishes and fades to black Joe closes his eyes listening to his outro. 

"That is a song I wrote with Conor and Bryon for the one hour song challenge so a big thank you to them for helping me. As I'm sure you noticed I said a word in there that probably throw up a question for you all. That word being in the chorus when I sing I want you to be my mister no that isn't a mistake. I've wanted to tell you this for a long time and it wasn't until recently I finally got the courage to tell you all I'm gay. I thought this would be an interesting way to tell you all and I hope you enjoyed it."

The Joe on the screen clears his throat looking around before back at the camera once more.

"I won't lie and tell you I feel confident about posting this I'm scared out of my mind, however, I am confident in who I am as a person. I'm confident in who I am attracted too and I know that I do have the support of a lot of people. I just hope that you all my audience will be supportive as well, thank you for watching all the links will be in the description. Thank you for watching I hope you enjoyed it I'll see you next week with another video cheers goodbye."

The screen goes dark and Joe glances over at Caspar who's staring at the computer. 

"Casp you alright?"

"You like me don't you?"

"You noticed?"

"Well yeah, you described the first night I met your family you stared at me but then tried to play it off."

"I wanted to tell you and this seemed the best way too are you mad?"

Caspar looks at him with confusion his face shaking his head quickly.

"Are you insane of course I'm not mad that is the greatest thing I have ever watched I can't believe you did that for me. I've been wanting to tell you that I like you for ages but I was a chicken."

"Really?"

"Yes I wouldn't lie to you about this I am so proud of you Joe Sugg."

Caspar smiles wrapping his arms around Joe in a tight hug Joe hugs him back his mind curious to see what would happen for them next.

-------------------

I hope you enjoy reading I loved writing this and trying to get the new lyrics to match a little with Joe's song. Thank you so much for requesting I'll have a new imagine out again soon!

Dedicated to: Gucci-Rose