Just A Touch

Caspar's P.O.V

I sigh stepping into the shop dusting the snow from my jacket I grab a basket moving down a aisle towards the bread and cereal. My aunt and uncle are stopping by for dinner tonight and as much as I love them I wish they wouldn't be arriving. Ever since I turned twenty they've been asking me if I've found the one.

'Caspar you need to put yourself out there more.'

'Caspar if you don't try now it may be too late.'

'Just one touch and you'll fall in love trust us that's how everyone meets the love of their life.'

Yeah well it doesn't always work out for people either of course I'm tired of being alone after all I am twenty three. To some that doesn't seem like the time you want to be settling down well I don't want to settle down yet but I would like to be in a relationship. 

"Hey Caspar."

I look up towards the register where Joe one of the usual cashiers waves at me.

"Hey Joe."

I smile back continuing to shop I met Joe about a year ago we've talked a few times but that's about it. I wonder if he's found his love yet maybe if I ask he could give me some tips it's not like I have anything to lose. Once I have everything I need I walk to the register setting my basket down for him to scan everything.

"Hey Joe can I ask you a question?"

"Sure mate."

"Well I know we don't like know each other know each other but have you found the love of your life yet? I've been trying to find mind but it's not working out very well I was wondering if you maybe have some tips?"

"No I haven't found mine yet either but my grandfather said the way he knew my nan and he were lovers was touch."

"Touch?"

"Mhm the second he felt her hand in his he saw a whole future with her and he knew she was the one."

"Is that all?"

"Pretty much sorry mate but if I may make a suggestion try talking to more people don't be so closed of yeah?"

"I can try thanks Joe."

I smile swiping my card I thank him before taking my bags and heading back home.

~Two weeks Later~

The bell above me rings as I once again step into the food shop walking towards the drink section I get a bottle of cola and some crisps. I hear struggling on the other side of the aisle so I walk over to see Joe trying to reach up and set a few cans on a tall shelf.

"Joe I can help you just give me a second."

"Thanks so much Caspar I can't make it."

"You're welcome."

I say setting my basket down and walking over it him.

"Have you been able to find your true love yet?"

"Nope no lucky at all."

I sigh setting them up on the self for him he thanks me and I carry my basket after him.

"Let's be honest I probably won't ever find my love."

"Awe don't put yourself down there so much, that will be six pounds."

"I only have cash."

He nods as I reach into my wallet I grab the money dropping it into his hand he gets my change handing me the money. His hand brushes against mine and I feel a spark Joe quickly yanks back his hand looking at me with wide eyes.

"D-Did you feel that?"

"Mhm."

Reaching for his hand again I lace our fingers closing my eyes a smile falls to my lips when I open my eyes again.

"Joe do you realize."

"You're the one I've been searching for."

He whispers smiling softly I nod grabbing a pen and writing my number on his hand.

"Text me when you finish with your shift we can get dinner maybe and talk?"

"I would love that thank you."

Smiling I kiss the top of his hand walking away but not before I see his reaction to what I wrote.

I guess they were right sometimes all if takes is a touch in the right moment. Caspar x :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to: understandinglarry I hope you like this and that it is what you were asking for I was a bit confused so I thought I would make it simple and sweet thank you for requesting.