Just A Bad Dream

"Daddy!"

Joe bolted out of bed when he heard the voice of his four year old son crying for him.

"Daddy's coming bug hold on."

Grabbing a pair of pajama bottoms he slips them on making his way across the hall to his son's room. Flicking on the lamp his heart breaks as he sees Carter sitting up and hiding under his blankets. Small shoulders shaking as he cries reaching out when he sees Joe.

"What's wrong baby?"

"Ba deam."

Carter cries cling to Joe who scooped him up pressing a gentle kiss to his head.

"Shh it's alright daddy's here."

"Everything okay?"

Joe's fiancée Caspar yawns walking into the room.

"Carter had a bad dream."

"Awe are you alright love?"

Carter shakes his head reaching for Caspar.

"Dada no wan yew to weave."

Carter sniffles holding Joe's hand as he's passed to Caspar who rubs his back.

"We're not leaving shh it was just a bad dream love it wasn't real."

"Do you want to sleep with dada and I for the rest of the night?"

Joe asks softly kissing Carter's hand who nods his head reaching for his stuffed puppy. Turning the light off Joe follows them to the master bedroom. The three settle close together in bed Carter clutching his puppy a small yawn falling from his mouth as Joe and Caspar whisper about how much they love him. Drooping eyes give way to sleep and soon Carter's breathing evens out Joe smiles placing a soft kiss to Caspar's lips before the two join their son in sleep.
---------------------------------------
I'm finally back with a new post I'm sorry it's been awhile I've had no motivation but I'm ready to post more imagines. I hope you guys enjoy this!