Chapter 31

÷Aye thank you guys for 10k reads :) in celebration I wrote a special super long chapter for you guys to enjoy! And I know I am late on this, but it was a long chapter to write.÷

-Samantha's POV-

Whenever you date a guy, you always keep an eye out for the mom. They were always afraid to losing their little boy, like Dads are with their little girls. I kept a close distance away from her, causing me to seem scared of her slightly.

"So I guess this is the girl that Simon likes. You seem a bit short. What are you? 4'6?"

I nodded in fear. "No, ma'am. 5'7. Just compared to Simon I seem really short."

"So what do you wiegh? You seem like 55 pounds. With the cutting and depression, I can bet that you weight 50-60 pounds."

I frowned. For many girls, being thought of as skinny was a compliment, but to me, it was the trait I hated so much.

"I weigh 110 ma'am. After I met Simon, I haven't cut since. I have found happiness with your amazing son, which caused me to stop and realize how much I wanted to stay with him."

She gave me a pity laugh. "Yeah. I bet. He probably is just giving you sympathy. If you were never cutting, he would probably be with a girl better than you."

I felt my heart begin to drain. My emotions were weak and filled with sorrow.

"Why are you telling me this? I am the first girl that Simon actually wanted in his life, why are you picking on me?" I asked her.

"I am not picking on you. I am just pointing out the things that make you not important, which is basically all of you."

Matthew walked into the room. "Hey mum, do you know where the screwdrivers are?"

I hid my face, letting Matthew believe everything was fine, which he believed.

"They are in the shed in the back sweetheart." She told him.

Matthew left, and Lucy turned back, giving me ugly looks.

"Why didn't you just kill yourself? I mean, I can see why you wanted to die."

I turned away from her, fighting back the tears. "Please stop." I said, whimpering.

I heard her laugh again. "Why would I? All you are is just a useless piece of shit."

Tears began to fall down my cheeks, and I fell down to my knees, as a force slammed into the back of my neck.

I cried out in pain. "What do you want from me?" I screamed back at her.

She looked down at me in pity. "I don't want to take my chances."

I got up and just ran. The door slammed behind me, and I didn't look back.

I grabbed something from Simon's car that I had just in case.

I held onto it with great grip, running out into the unknown.

-Simon's Pov-

I was sitting with my father, fixing the leaky sink when I heard Sam cry out in pain.

I threw the tool I had in my hand down to the ground, and ran to the living room.

"What do you want from me?" I heard her yell from the hallway.

The room went quiet for a second, but I heard my mother in a tone that I have only heard once. "I don't want to take my chances."

I ran into the room, and Samantha was already gone.