Chapter 36

-Samantha's Pov-

Destiny went back to the door. "I am sorry, but Samantha isn't available to talk to right now." She tried to close the door, but Simon stopped her.

He looked at her. "Please, I really need to speak to her." He pleaded strongly to her as a frown took the place of his hopeful expression. "If I can't talk to her, can I at least talk to you?"

Destiny looked at me, trying not to break away from me. I shook my head, mouthing the words 'no'.

But Destiny broke. "Of course. You can come in. Samantha, can you go in the kitchen with me for a second?" She asked me.

I nodded in agreement. We walked our way in and shut the door that separates the kitchen to the living room.

I was pissed off at Destiny, and I really didn't want to talk to her, but I didn't anyway. "Why the hell would you bring him in? You know how I feel about him."

Destiny sighed at me. "Sam, let me tell you one thing. He wants you. He truly loves you. I can see he is broken in his eyes without you. No boy would ever go so far just to find a girl like this."

I turned away from her. "But don't you see that I am broken because what happened?" I felt a small tear fall down my face.

"You know people make mistakes. Remember when Aiden accidentally broke a string on your guitar when you were 10? You cried for three days, and didn't talk to him for an entire two weeks. You finally realized that he made a mistake and you forgave him. Why can't you do the same with Simon?"

I stayed quiet. "That's what I thought." She whispered.

I crossed my arms and walked out the kitchen, Destiny following.

Simon was sitting on the couch, talking to Savannah and Hayley. They became silent as the both of us walked in.

I sat down across from Simon, and waited. "Go on. Speak." I said to him.

He ran his fingers through his hair. "I am so sorry. This is all my fault. Everything. The things I thought made you safe didn't and I really regret everything." He said.

I didn't understand him. "What do you mean?"

He sighed. "Back when we were Hawaii and we got hit by a truck, I knew who hit us. A girl from my past that ruins everything in my life. Her name is Lacey Figioli." He said.

He explained to me everything that happened between Lacey and him before Hawaii, with the hypnotism, breaking all the friendships he had with any girls, and how she was madly obsessed with him.

"Why does Lacey matter about what happened at your mother's house?" I said confused.

"Well, in Hawaii, she hypnotized Josh, Ethan, and Harry. They made me think that you used me, causing you to run away from all of us, but Lacey got you and me. In the hospital, she paid me a visit, saying how she wants you gone. A couple days ago at my parents apartment, she did. She hypnotized my mom, telling her what to say to you through a walkie talkie and an ear piece when you two were alone. She wanted you gone, but my mom is setting charges on her right as we speak. I should have told you about her before everything happened, I just didn't want your anxiety getting out of hand because of paranoia."

I was still in shock. "You knew this entire time someone was out to get me, and you never told me a single word?" I asked him, as my anger started to rise.

"Samantha, you know-" Simon started,but I cut him off.

"You know that I was going to jump? The whole building, from the roof down onto the concrete ground. I could have died that day. This all could have been prevented if you could have told me."

His face went pale. "You were gonna jump?"

I shook my head. "Been dreaming of doing it since I was little. I wanted the air rushing past me to dry my tears, and the objects get faster as I got closer to the bottom. I wanted the dark to consume me and have my pain numb, and I would finally be at peace. Something stopped me that day, as my tears fell down the side of the building. It was my stupidity of love holding me back, but now there is no love." I said.

"What do you mean there is no love?" He held his words gently, not letting the pain of his emotions tear through him.

I looked away from him. "I can't even trust you anymore since a secret nearly made me kill myself. A relationship has two elements Simon. Love and honesty. You can't seem to do either."

I looked back, but not at him, knowing it will hurt, and I stared at my hands.

"Okay." He said with his voice shaken, and I heard him break.

I heard him get up, and leave shutting the door, but said something on the way out. "I really do love you Samantha. Together or apart."

I wanted to break down crying, but I knew that it was probably for the best.

I didn't even notice the others leave when it began as I saw them come out from the kitchen.

"You alright?" Savannah asked me.

I shook my head no. I felt tears fall down my face, giving up my fight, and I felt myself begin to close myself off to everything, blocking everything out.

"Samantha, it is okay." I heard Hayley say, rubbing my back in comfort.

I got up and ran to the guest room. I didn't want the others to take care of me due to a foolish mistake on my part.

I sat, letting tears soak up my pillow. I wanted to control my emotions, but nothing would do.

I finally grabbed my guitar and strummed a soft calming beat, letting my emotions just go away.

It calmed me down slightly, but I was still heartbroken. I sang a song and just let the lyrics describe how I feel.

"Crying" by Roy Orbison

I was all right for awhile
I could smile for awhile
But I saw you last night
You held my hand so tight
As you stopped to say, "Hello"

Oh, you wished me well
You, you couldn't tell
That I'd been crying over you
Crying over you

When you said, "So long"
Left me standing all alone
Alone and crying, crying
Crying, crying

It's hard to understand
But the touch of your hand
Can start me crying

I thought that I was over you
But it's true, so true
I love you even more
Than I did before

But, darling, what can I do?
For you don't love me
And I'll always be crying over you
Crying over you

Yes, now you're gone
And from this moment on
I'll be crying, crying
Crying, crying
Yeah, crying, crying
Over you

My gentle voice fell over the notes perfectly, not a single note was wrong.

My guitar still hung the last note, and let it linger in the air.

I looked up and thought about the good memories we has within the past few months, and smiled. But the mistakes in it started to show through them and I knew this was a good decision.

Now I had to find a new love or forget all about it, and now, I was done with love.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷I don't have anything to say in this authors note, soo....

Well if you did enjoy, leave me some feedback, and see ya!

-TheBaconist