Preference #4: How He Announces Your Relationship.

Josh: “Right, I’m sure that there are many girls out there thinking this next question so I’m just going to ask you now to get it out of the way. Who is in a relationship?” the talk show host asks soon after Union J begin the interview. Josh and Jaymi raise their hands and a groan ripples through the crowd, before laughter. “I’m guessing there’s some disappointment?” he adds, answered by a low “yes” from the audience. “Josh, you first. Tell us about the lucky girl.” “She’s… she’s indescribable. Her skin is irresistible, and I’m always getting lost in those gorgeous eyes. There’s nothing that I want to do more when I get home from the studio than to see her, run my fingers through her soft hair and hold her to my body, and tell her how much she means to me. She’s so intelligent and pleasant to everyone, and she gives off such an amazing vibe that you just want to always be around her. (Y/N), if you’re watching, you’re absolutely beautiful and I know that I’m the luckiest guy on earth to be able to call you mine.”

George: The audience at Union J’s concert vibrates with excitement, it’s so alive and I can’t help but smile at all the support that they’re getting. The crowd starts screaming as the lights dim and the boys run through the aisles towards the stage, singing their new song. I jump and scream as I see George standing on stage, waving my hands in the hope that he realises I came despite the fact that I’d told him I couldn’t. As they finish the number, I’m filled with disappointment. I’d wanted it to be a surprise, wanted to see the look on his face when he saw me. The boys greet the audience before the intro to the next song comes on. “George would like to say something,” JJ says, nudging George. “I’d just like to dedicate this next song to my beautiful girlfriend. (Y/N), I know you weren’t going to come but you have and you’ve made this whole concert even more special,” George says, pointing at me. A few people around me nudge each other and turn to grin at me. “This one’s for you, (Y/N).”

JJ: “You know, we have to announce our relationship sometime,” JJ says as he holds me in his arms whilst we wait for The Big Bang Theory to start. I nod reluctantly. Other girls would do anything for the public to recognise her as JJ’s girlfriend, but I know that as soon as we go public, the hate will start. “You don’t need to worry. The fans will be happy for us,” he murmurs into my ear. This isn’t the first time we’ve talked about this and his whispers of support encourage me to make the decision. “Let’s do it,” I say firmly, twisting my head up to catch his gaze and smiling. “You sure?” “Yeah. Let’s do it now.” JJ picks up his phone and spends a few minutes deciding what to tweet before putting it down. “This isn’t the right way to do it.” I turn to look at him again and decidedly say, “If we don’t do this now, I might change my mind.” He picks his phone up again and minutes later my phone buzzes. I check Twitter to find that he’s tweeted a picture of us, with the comment “(Y/T/N) is so beautiful, extremely proud to call her mine. JJ x”. I turn my whole body towards him and lean forwards to kiss him. He smiles into the kiss as our phones vibrate with tweets from fans who have learnt about our relationship.

Jaymi: We pull up outside the hotel and I lean forward, resting my head in my hands. The flashing lights of the paparazzi outside are already blinding me and I’m frustrated at the fact that I’ll have to stay in the car until they’ve gone. Jaymi and I have nearly been together for a month but he still wasn’t ready to announce our relationship. Jaymi sighs and puts his arms around me, and I lean into the hug. “I hate this,” I say, tiredly. “So do I. I know it’s hard for you, but I don’t want to go public just yet.” I look up at him sadly and tell him to just get out of the car and relax in the hotel whilst waiting for me to come up. I hear the bitterness in my voice and he pushes me away, opening the door of the car. I go to close it, forgetting that the whole purpose of leaving the car separately was to keep our relationship private, and I feel eyes staring at me, I feel the heat of all the technology around me, and I can hear shouting and the clicking of cameras. Jaymi opens the nearly closed door and drags me out. The paparazzi are shouting, asking who I am, questioning our relationship. “I’m sick of hiding this. I shouldn’t have to hide this anymore. This is (Y/N). Yes, she’s my girlfriend, and yes, I’ve treated her pretty unfairly. She’s put up with me not wanting to announce our relationship and it’s been so hard on her, I’m surprised that she’s still with me, but she is an amazing person and I’m not going to hide her away for any longer, because beautiful girls should be seen by the world.” The only sound now was the clicking of cameras and Jaymi turns to me, strokes my cheek and tucks my hair behind my ear. “Thank you,” I whisper. “Thank you for putting up with me,” he murmurs in response, before leaning forward and kissing me, as if to validate our relationship. It was seriously worth the wait.