Preference #30: He's Cheating On You And Dosen't Know You're Pregnant - Part 2.

George:It’s been more than a month… For more than a month you kept telling yourself late at night, in the dark that it didn’t hurt. That you had to be strong. You had to grow up. In less than nine months you were going to have a little crying miracle in your arms. In less than nine months, you had to become an adult…a mother. And do that all by yourself. Without the father. Today you had an appointment at your doctor, to check if everything was going fine with your pregnancy and to make a new ultrasound photo of your growing fetus that you could add to your little collection at home. After the examination, you stopped by at your favourite fast food restaurant at had a quick meal, before going back to your flat. You stopped dead in your track as you spotted the familiar brown haired boy sitting on your couch, looking at your ultrasound photos.  

“How did you get in?” he jumped a little as he didn’t hear you come in, and quickly turned to face you. You had to bite back a gasp as you saw his face for the first time in long weeks. He wasn’t the same. He wasn’t your George. The boy standing in front of you was tired and slim. Too slim. Like he barely had some sleep and some nutrition in the past weeks. Just by a look at you, tears welled up in his brown eyes. It broke your heart, but you had to stay strong for your baby.  
“You keep the spare key at the same place.” he whispered. “I’m sorry, I know what you told me back then, but now I also know what you didn’t tell me. I found the test, but it took me days ‘til I could finally process how much I’ve screwed up. I had to see you, I had to come and tell you how much I hate myself for what I did to you. I’m sorry. I need you by my side and I know you don’t want to admit, but you need me too. I want to be here for you and for the baby. Please let me…please take me back.”  
“What do you expect me to do?” you asked with tears rolling down on your cheeks. “You thought you’d come here, tell me how sorry you are and everything would be okay? Well guess what, it’s not okay! I can’t forget about what happened George! But…you’re right. I need you. Our baby needs you.” “I’d do anything, (y/n)! Please take me back.”  
“It’s not going to be easy…you have to win back my trust. We have to start everything from the beginning. You’ll have to work hard to show me you really mean what you said. Because if you don’t, then please just leave.”  
“I do mean it! And I’m ready to fight for us!”  
“Even with my mood changes? Further into the pregnancy, I’m going to be unbearable.”  
“Even with the mood changes.” he chuckled now making his way towards you. He was about to kiss you when you stopped him.  
“I’m not kissing a stranger…remember? Everything from the beginning.” 
“Right. Then would a beautiful girl like you want to have her first date with a looser like me right now?”  
“That depends on…where do loosers take these beautiful girls?” 
“Wherever they want to go.” he laughed.  
“Hmm…pizza, ice cream and movies?”  
“Sounds like the best second-first date ever.”

Josh:Josh had been calling you 24/7 for days. You, however, needed some time to think over things. After taking some tests it was sure, you were pregnant with Josh’s baby. Your heart told you to tell him, but your mind said not to. Every time he called, your heart told you to give him a chance, but your mind said the opposite of that. After long days without proper sleep (since you missed the security Josh’s arms gave you) you decided to answer his call.  

“(y/n)? Oh thank god! Please don’t hang up! I need to talk to you.”  
“Same here. Do you think you could come over like…today?”  
“Yeah, of course. I’ll be there in 10.” he said, jumping at the opportunity to finally see you. You were nervously pacing back and forth in your living room, until you heard a knock on the door. His facial expression mirrored yours as you opened the door, the same tired eyes lit up as you saw each other. His arms went to embrace your body, but then fell back down to his body as he remembered the new situation bewteen you two.  

“Come in.” you sat down on the couch and stared at each other awkwardly, neither of you knowing what and how to say.  
“Look…” you said in unison.  
“You first!” “Let me start!” a chuckle left your lips’ as you spoke at the same time again. You gestured him to start talking, which made him take a deep breath. 
“I’m an ass, okay? I can not think of any explanation that would be good enough, so I won’t try giving one. But I can try to tell you how much you mean to me. With one word: everything. You mean everything to me. I screwed things up big time, I know. And I’m ready to fight for you. If you give me a chance, I will. I just…need you.” you could have sworn you saw tears glistening in his eyes. He’d never let you see him being ‘weak’, as he thought of crying. You just wanted to hug him immediately. 
“I forgive you Josh, but I’m not taking you back. Not just yet. I need to tell you something very important. You can decide if you want to stay with me or leave after this. But if you choose to stay, you’ll have to win back my trust in you. That’ll be hard.”  
“I don’t care. I’ll do my best.”  
“So the thing I want to tell you is…that you’re going to be…we’re going to be…I’m pregnant.” he looked at you without any expression written on his face. He was looking at you, searching for something to tell him it wasn’t just a test. “I’m going to be a dad?”  
“Yeah…if you choose to stay.” he threw his big arms around you and pulled you on top of him, placing one hand on your tummy. He looked at the skin under his palm in disbelief, while opening his mouth and letting the barely audible words leave his lips.  
“We’re going to have a baby.”