preference #32: Hockey.

George:

He’s quite amused as he stands there, leaning against the door frame of your living room, watching you in your sweatpants with your hair in a ponytail, mouth full of crisp, shouting as the other team scores. “I didn’t know you liked ice hockey.” You jump a bit as his voice scares you and watch with wide eyes as he makes his way over to you. “I’ve been calling you but you didn’t answer, I got a bit worried. I must admit I didn’t expect to come over to this.” He smiles as you blush and pulls you into his side. “But I quite like this side of you…”

Josh:

Josh isn’t a fan of ice hockey, so it took you a bit of whining to get him to go with you. It helped that he was worried you’d get hurt among the big men, “There’s no way I’m letting you go alone!”- he said. Thus, he had no other choice than to go with you. You’re very excited as the match begins, you point out your favorite player to him, chant and clap along with the crowd. After the second period, you’re standing at the buffet when a man in his 40s goes up to you. “Well hello there. Can I buy you a beer dear?” Josh instantly appears at your side, his arm finding your waist and pulling you behind him. “If she wants one, I’ll buy her but thanks.” The man frowns but walks away, making Josh sigh in relief. “Next time your watching the game from home.”

JJ:

You jump up from your seat as one of the players from your team gets pushed down, causing the crowd to express their displeasure. JJ’s eyes widen a bit as it’s the first time he hears you swear and looks at you with a cheeky half smile. “Look at my girl being all fierce. Are you going to punch someone as well, because I’d love to see that.” You roll your eyes and punch his arm lightly, earning a low ‘ow’ from him. “Not exactly what I was talking about…” You laugh and kiss him before turning your attention back to the game, cheering and shouting, while JJ smiles, thinking how cool of a girlfriend he has.

Jaymi:

You’re on your way to your parents’ house, first time visiting with Jaymi. “Let’s see if I got it right…Stevie Murphy is the best goaltender, Ben Davies is the favorite one of the forwards, their head coach is Tony Hand.” “Right. Don’t worry, just let my dad complain about how Italy’s team is full of Canadians, agree with him and everything’s going to be fine. During the game I’ll be there and save you if needed. Just cheer when I do.” When you arrive, your mom greets you with hugs as you introduce Jaymi and leads you to your dad, who already has the sport channel on. “Nice to meet you son. Do you like ice hockey?” “I’m a big fan, sir!” Your dad smiles in satisfaction and is already dragging Jaymi to the couch, telling him how unfair team Italy is.