Preference #6: He Sings To You.

George: Your head is lying on his chest, both you and George bare under the sheets wrapped around each other. His fingers trace small patterns on your back, and you hear a soft humming. It takes you a second but you realize he’s humming Elvis’s “It’s Impossible.” You smile and begin to sing the words, and he smiles back, singing with you. ‘Can the ocean keep from rushing to the shore? It’s just impossible.’ You move so your head is now in the croon of his neck, closing your eyes as the singing continues echoing through the quiet room. ‘If I had you could I ever ask for more? It’s just impossible.’

Josh: ‘Yo, I’ll tell you want, what I really want.’ you begin half-singing around the kitchen while cleaning up. You think you were home alone, but of course you aren’t. Josh leans on the doorway between the dining room and kitchen with a grin on his face, letting out a low chuckle and as you turn around surprised, he starts singing. ‘“If you want my future, forget my past..” You two dance around the kitchen for the next hour singing all the cheesy, over-used songs you could think of.

Jaymi: You two have been driving the car in circles for almost an hour with absolutely no idea where you were going. Horribly lost, you gave up for a while and just drove along a back road surrounded by hills and a few farms. It’s a nice change of pace from Jaymi’s busy life, and you enjoy it to say the least. Switching the radio on, Adam Levine’s voice fills the car. ‘I am in misery.’ you softly mumble along until Jaymi sings out loudly and happily the next line. The rest of the ride is filled with obnoxious singing-along to pop songs, and you never do end up at your original destination.

JJ: JJ was all the way in Europe touring while you were a few hours behind in the UK. Your phone sat lying next to you on speaker as JJ sits on the other line comforting you through your tears. ‘I-I just… Miss you..’ you choke out between sobs. ‘Oh, please, don’t cry, love. Not long now until you come visit us on tour, alright?’ You stay quiet as he speaks and stay quiet after. A few moments go by until he starts singing your favourite song. ‘This is not gonna last forever. It’s that time when you must hold on.’ You join in, ‘We can stand so tall together..’ You stay on the phone with him until you finally fall asleep.