Preference #39: Voted Off X-Factor.

George:
This is really not how you wanted to see him for the first time in long weeks. As you, his family and the other boys’ loved ones go to hug them on stage your heart breaks a little. You can see tears in his eyes, tears that he’s trying to hold back so bad, you can see his teeth frame his bottom lip, biting it until the pink colour of it that you love so much becomes white. You can see those lips quiver a little as he hugs his sister. It’s your turn then; he lets go of her and looks at you with a small smile and opens his arms for you. You know how badly he wanted to stay, how much he wanted to win the competition, but you can’t help but feel happy as his warm arms close around you. It’s something you’ve been waiting for a long time, something that feels so right, something that ease the knot in his throat.

Josh:
You’re sitting in front of the TV, biting your nails as Jahmene and Union J stands on the stage. “The act, who can return next week is…Jahmene!” Your smile falls as the boys go for a group hug, disappointment obvious on their faces. You want to call Josh more than anything,  but you know it takes some time for him to be able to call you. You hate the fact that you can’t be there for him, hug him and whisper reassuring words into his ear, or just simply letting him know you’re there for him forever and you’re proud. The only thing you can do is text, though. You grab your phone and pause, unable to decide what you should write. There’s so much you want to tell him. Finally, you decide to write something short that tells him everything though. You know he’ll smile as soon as he reads the three words you sent him, and that’s all that matters.

JJ:
You meet him the next day and are surprised when you spot him and his smiling. You feel a pleasant warmness run through your insides as his cheeks warm up at the sight of you, but you can’t help but wonder why is he not sad. He embraces you in a tight hug and kisses the top of your head, sighing as he has you close to him again. You break away to study his eyes, searching for any sign of sadness, but you can’t find it. “What?” “Aren’t you…disappointed? Sad that you had to leave?” “How could I possibly be sad that I can finally spend time with you again? Yeah, it’d have been amazing to stay and win, but I’m not complaining. I have better things to do.” He whispers the last part before attaching his lips to yours.

Jaymi:
You’re incredibly sad because you’re at your cousin’s, who lives in another country so you can’t watch the show. Jaymi promised you that he’ll text you as soon as it’s over, but you couldn’t help but wish you could be there for him at such an important event. You’re anxiously sitting next to your phone, when it finally lights up. You open the text that says: “We’re out:( It sucks because I wanted to make you proud by winning this show but I couldn’t. I can only hope you’re proud of me, my love. I wish you were here, I really miss you. At least I can go home to you now. That’s the only thing that keeps this smile on my face. I’ll call you after Xtra Factor, Love you!xxx”